Sirius XM Satellite Radio ID 2004 Thunderbird

Bmwilliams21706

Bmwilliams21706

Click here to upgrade
Last seen
Thunderbird Year
I'm wanting to surprise my wife by activating Sirius XM in her T-Bird. Problem is, I'm having a hard time trying to find the radio ID in it. I've tried looking in the SAT, but all it says is call Sirius. Then I've tried holding AUX and 1 at the same time, and nothing. She had it before when we bought her car, but Sirius can't seem to find anything. I remember being told before that it's somewhere in the trunk, not sure about that. Does anybody have any idea where or how I can find it? Thank you.

Moderator Note- You can upgrade your factory stereo to have for Sirius XM with the Alpine Radio. See this thread- https://forums.fordthunderbirdforum...650-touch-screen-android-auto-bluetooth.5987/

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm wanting to surprise my wife by activating Sirius XM in her T-Bird. Problem is, I'm having a hard time trying to find the radio ID in it. I've tried looking in the SAT, but all it says is call Sirius. Then I've tried holding AUX and 1 at the same time, and nothing. She had it before when we bought her car, but Sirius can't seem to find anything. I remember being told before that it's somewhere in the trunk, not sure about that. Does anybody have any idea where or how I can find it? Thank you.

You can usually get the ID to display on channel 0 or 1 depending on the radio.

You can usually get the ID to display on channel 0 or 1 depending on the radio.
That's the problem. I can't change the station to get to channel 0 or 1. When I try to go there, it'll either say category off or call sir. I'm stuck.

Attachments

• 20200310_155939.jpg
    20200310_155939.jpg
    989.3 KB · Views: 5
  • 20200310_155942.jpg
    20200310_155942.jpg
    964.3 KB · Views: 4
Did this satellite radio come in the car from the factory? If it did then SiriusXM should be able to activate it from the VIN. If not then you will need to find the receiver to get the number off of it assuming that it's still supported by SiriusXM.

A quick search for location seems to indicate that it is near left rear fender. Hopefully someone with a 2004 can chime in on the exact location. Unfortunately I have a 2002 so I ended up replacing the radio to get satellite and a backup camera.

I believe I may not be barking up the wrong tree but these radios are NOT Sat capable. Though the button (SAT) is seen if does not work, part of the interchange of bin parts between the Lincoln LS and Thunderbird. if I’m wrong please someone else chime in.

I believe I may not be barking up the wrong tree but these radios are NOT Sat capable. Though the button (SAT) is seen if does not work, part of the interchange of bin parts between the Lincoln LS and Thunderbird. if I’m wrong please someone else chime in.
We actually did have satellite radio in her car once before. However, for whatever reason, we don't have it anymore. When we bought the car, it had an aftermarket radio in it, but the owner kept original radio. When we had someone replace the radios, that's when they told us it had the satellite antenna.

The Sirius unit is an add on. Assuming you can see the antenna, when you hit the SAT button channel 1 should give you the radio #. You should also hear some dialogue from the radio even when it's on channel 1. I thought it was an add on but it's hard to find the right Sirius model to connect.

A quick search for location seems to indicate that it is near left rear fender. Hopefully someone with a 2004 can chime in on the exact location. Unfortunately I have a 2002 so I ended up replacing the radio to get satellite and a backup camera.
My 04 has the unit in the trunk behind the conceal, and a antenna glued to the trunk. Sat button on the radio activates it.
I have no use for it so I removed the unit and the ugly antenna. Good luck.

That's the problem. I can't change the station to get to channel 0 or 1. When I try to go there, it'll either say category off or call sir. I'm stuck.
I have the same problem, although I did manage to get channel 0. The message was invalid channel, I'm contemplating taking out the unit to see the radio ID.

Radio unit found and SIRIUS activated on my original Ford installed unit on my 2004 TBird. The Radio unit was in the trunk area tucked under carpet right rear fender area. Ford unit VP2L5F SIRIUS ID 0033xxxxxxxx (12 numbers), very pleased with reception from antenna installed on passenger side lower windscreen area.

Setting the TERK kit is difficult but they're available. My main question revolves around the install. The few that I've found say that the radio harness connectors must be black, or what has been called the "World" connection. I don't know why. The instructions also say that these units won't work (they emphasize the WON'T) if the harness has Gray connectors.
Can anyone tell me what's the difference between the Gray and Black connectors to the radio. My car has the Gray connectors, according to the instructions, these TERK units won't work in my car. I have the SAT button.
S P L Electronic has a kit but states it's for radios with the Phase 2 plugs. I plan on contacting them to try to get more information on what's a Phase 2 plug.
Has anyone installed Sirius in a 2005 recently?
Any info/help will be appreciated.
Thanks,
A

Last edited by a moderator:
Can anyone tell me what's the difference between the Gray and Black connectors to the radio. My car has the Gray connectors, according to the instructions, these TERK units won't work in my car. I have the SAT button.
Not many people have done the Terk upgrade, so you may not get an answer. The phase II connector wiring harness was 2U6F-14588-BA is what many used years ago but I think it's sold old everywhere. Use the link above to search on ebay. I think you will find if you actually try to order it from SPL, they will cancel your order and tell you it's OOS.

I suggest upgrading the factory radio since yours is just Satelite ready and you would be adding all really outdated equipment that sold for over 325.00 that could fail since it's been stored so many years or used- https://forums.fordthunderbirdforum.com/threads/ford-thunderbird-bluetooth-hands-free-radio-upgrade-sirius-xm-carplay-android-auto-2002-2003-2004-2005.943

Also, you may want to ask this owner who posted this Youtube video-

Another thread with info- https://forums.fordthunderbirdforum.com/threads/satellite-radio-for-2004.4254/

Last edited:
Not many people have done the Terk upgrade, so you may not get an answer. The phase II connector wiring harness was 2U6F-14588-BA is what many used years ago but I think it's sold old everywhere. Use the link above to search on ebay. I think you will find if you actually try to order it from SPL, they will cancel your order and tell you it's OOS.

I suggest upgrading the factory radio since yours is just Satelite ready and you would be adding all really outdated equipment that sold for over 325.00 that could fail since it's been stored so many years or used- https://forums.fordthunderbirdforum.com/threads/ford-thunderbird-bluetooth-hands-free-radio-upgrade-sirius-xm-carplay-android-auto-2002-2003-2004-2005.943

Also, you may want to ask this owner who posted this Youtube video-

Another thread with info- https://forums.fordthunderbirdforum.com/threads/satellite-radio-for-2004.4254/
I have found four , FRD03-AUX/S ( Precision Interface Electronics ) Aux/XM adapter harnesses . I just installed one on my 04 with a JL audio bluetooth reciever ......Game changer ! Now have Sat. / Android auto / Navigation, ect ect

Back