Seeking Perfect Seats for 2004 Pacific Coast Roadster.

C

cdbintexas

Passed away 11/09/2020
Last seen
Thunderbird Year
OK as spring approaches I want to replace the worn seats in my 2004 PCR which is looking at 180,000 miles.
The present seats are usable but knowing this may be a long term quest for perfect replacements it is time to start. Local shops are quoting $1000 per seat, a week in the shop, and of course do not know what to do about the strange insert.
Other option are to buy PCH seats out of a low mileage but wrecked PCH, or to buy worn but OEM seat covers only from any 02-05 bird and use them for patterns. Any offers out there on new looking PCH seats or on scrap covers for pattern work?
I am up to the work of removing a seat and replacing a cover but not skilled in sewing leather.
Final goal would be leather of correct color and pattern and fit but likely real suede inserts.
As the car is a daily driver, I don't want to rent a car for a week while some shop works on this issue for me.
I know the seats contain airbags and heaters which I can handle but likely driving the car without seats would drive the air bag computer crazy.. Comments, suggestions, experience stories?

I'm in the same boat at you, CB. I have a 92K-mile PCR (#466) and am dismayed at the condition of the seat inserts. I've been successful in determining everything I can about the 'preferred suede' synthetic suede material used for the seat inserts, but directly locating any yardage has yielded no fruit.

My upholsterer says he's identified the material and says he can get it, but I am apprehensive. Once I get my PCR back from it's Spring spruce-up, I am going to travel down to the upholstery shop and see if his sample matches the Milliken OEM material.

All-in, just finding nearly ANY ash gray interior components for the PCR's is painfully difficult, and if available, exponentially costly. I have no idea what I am going to do when it's time for a new soft top? Though I've had some successes (perseverance is key), I can tell you I've had better results locating (NOS) parts for my '67.

I have what you are looking for: a full set of new old stock seat covers for a 2004 Pacific Coast roadster in perfect condition. I bought my Bird new in 2004 and was concerned with the longterm durability of the suede inserts. So I ordered a full set of factory replacement seat covers from the factory at the time I purchased the car. I sold the car after 2 years but kept the seat covers. They've been sitting on the shelf, in their original plastic covers, ever since. I just puled them down and inspected them. All four of them (two lower and two upper seat covers) are just like the day I received them.

I have what you are looking for: a full set of new old stock seat covers for a 2004 Pacific Coast roadster in perfect condition. I bought my Bird new in 2004 and was concerned with the longterm durability of the suede inserts. So I ordered a full set of factory replacement seat covers from the factory at the time I purchased the car. I sold the car after 2 years but kept the seat covers. They've been sitting on the shelf, in their original plastic covers, ever since. I just puled them down and inspected them. All four of them (two lower and two upper seat covers) are just like the day I received them.

P.M. sent.

I have attached photos of my NOS seat covers (replacement seat upholstery) for the Pacific Coast Roadster. They are exactly as I received them15 years ago when I bought the car. They are still sealed in the original factory plastic. Any blemishes you see in the photos are on the plastic packaging and not on the upholstery itself.

IMG_4433.jpeg IMG_4432.jpeg IMG_4434.jpeg IMG_4437.jpeg IMG_4441.jpeg IMG_4448.jpeg IMG_4447.jpeg IMG_4448.jpeg

Had ours reupholstered reusing the Thunderbird panel and replacing the suede panel with same color leather and perforations. I removed the seats and dropped them off at the shop. Cost was $800.

Had ours reupholstered reusing the Thunderbird panel and replacing the suede panel with same color leather and perforations. I removed the seats and dropped them off at the shop. Cost was $800.
Smart Move. Post here or in a Private Message the name address and phone number. It cost 2x or 3x in Dallas for this kind of work.

Was about four years ago, small shop in Leesburg Florida Bob's seat covers.

Have you sold the seat covers?

I’d also be interested in the seat covers

Just purchased a PCR and the seat must be a common theme. Looking for some direction.

Back