Opinions on Splash Guards | Ford Thunderbird forum club group 1955-2005 models
  • We're glad you found us via a search engine! Right now, you can join our club absolutely free and unlock member only features like the site search! This notice only appears once! It only takes 30 seconds to register, and we would love to have you as part of the World's largest Thunderbird Forum/Club! Click here to continue

• Click here to remove google ads from the site
  • Click " Like/Thanks" at the bottom of a member's post to reward and thank them for their response! Points are added to their profile.
  • 2002-05 Owners. As of August 2022 there is now an entire suspension kit for sale! Scroll down to the bottom of the first post click here.

• Get rid of swirls and minor paint surface scratches with this Polish & Compounds kit. Click here to read more!.

Opinions on Splash Guards

• Thread starter Thread starter jboriott
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

I got the ones you saw - very easy to install and craig has the holes perfect - I'm glad they were easy to install because I disinstalled them - they do the job but my wife (whose car it is) didn't like the looks.
said it messed up the lines of the car - I will however put them back on for the winter.

I have the Splash Guards on also. They were easy to install, look good and do the job.

I put them on my white bird. They fit good, though I did use capture nuts and screws on the front rather than the push pins as were on the car originally. It makes it easy to remove them if necessary.

I think they don't look bad. Of course, they do somewhat interrupt the flow of the line of the bottom of the car. However, they really do a good job of helping keep that lower painted part of the car clean. I will probably keep them on except in unusual circumstances (can't even think what that might be.)

------------------
VIN 106587 White, White, with chrome hood scoop bezel

-

I installed on my red bird and I do not think they hurt the looks at all. They sure do help keep the dirt and road splater from the lower part behind the wheels!!!

------------------
Bill's Red and White #4359
Tag # 15AGAIN

I have installed the same splash guards. I don't think it hurts the looks, but they do a very nice job of keeping the wheel/dirt splashes off the car. Easier to keep the car clean along the bottom.

jboriott - not sure what you decided to do, but for what it's worth I checked out the pics and I think they detract from the T-bird's looks. I personally do not mind getting down and dirty to clean my T-bird, so I really don't worry about the mud, etc. Others on this thread seem happy with them, obviously, but they aren't for me.

whiskeyman, I didn't get them yet but plan on it before winter comes again. I would say, although I don't have a set yet, that they are either made of rubber or a heavy vinal product and I'm not sure how long the paint would hold up on a material like this.
confused.gif

------------------
02 T-Bird 9293
69 Vette
73 MGB
97 F-150 4x4
2-Seadoo Jet Skies
Live Long and Prosper!

-

PUT MY SPLASH GUARDS ON LAST WEEK LOOKS ALOT BETTER THAN I THOUGHT,BY THE WAY THANKS J.H. CLARK (SOLD HIM A BLUE ONE).REALLY MAKES A BIG DIFFERENCE ON THAT BLACK(I SHOW EVERY LITTLE PIECE OF DIRT)BIRD... I STRONGLY RECOMMEND THEM.

Originally posted by will moorefield:
PUT MY SPLASH GUARDS ON LAST WEEK LOOKS ALOT BETTER THAN I THOUGHT,BY THE WAY THANKS J.H. CLARK (SOLD HIM A BLUE ONE).REALLY MAKES A BIG DIFFERENCE ON THAT BLACK(I SHOW EVERY LITTLE PIECE OF DIRT)BIRD... I STRONGLY RECOMMEND THEM.

Try taking the CAPS lock off on your next post.

tbird, I hate to be a pain in the as- but you are getting picky again.
tongue.gif

------------------
02 T-Bird 9293
69 Vette
73 MGB
97 F-150 4x4
2-Seadoo Jet Skies
Live Long and Prosper!

Thanks TBIRD, Luckly not many people use all CAPS. I find them very hard to read, and when I WAS working, a lot of time i didn't read them if they were very long. Being on an old VAX systen, I just 2Y'd (deleted) them. John

hey guys, i'm sorry that my cap letters made every body so stressful ..i apolgize for all the agravation,promise i't won't happen again...i'm just a little to new at this site.

I put the splash guards on yesterday. They look fine. Thanks Craig.

I had purchased a Front End Cover(Bra). I tried to install it but there was no provision for the front license plate. You would need to drill holes through the Bra and re-mount the license plate braket. I would need to remount the license plate every time I removed the Bra.

Called the manufacturer and they are addressing the issue. I was wondering how one dealt with soap geting under the Bra if one did not remove it for washing?

I returened the Front End Cover to the dealer. I realy like the Splash Guards.

HKS
P.S. I worry more about gravel damage than dirt.

Originally posted by jboriott:
Had my (blue/white/full accent) bird one week and noticed that it does pick up a lot of dirt and tar. So I'm considering splach guards. I saw the ones at http://www.craigwhitmoyer.com/2002.htm

Has anyone installed these or any others? Thoughts about the look??????????

-

HKS: I bought the Ford Bra from my dealer. I discovered same issue about the front license plate I contacted the Ford (800 #). They said that the dealer would make the necessary cut to allow for the front plate. I went to the dealer and he said he had never done it before and had received no instructions from Ford as to how to do this.
I decided to leave it as is and kept the Ford Bra because of it's appearance with the logo.
I do a lot of highway travel so it is on for most of the summer. But I do have to dis-assemble/reassemble that plate and bracket often so theer is no soap issue.

MAKE SURE TO REMOVE THE BRA BEFORE WASHING! If you leave it on, not only does the soap get under it, so does the dust, dirt, and other junk you are trying to clean off the finish. It will eventually scratch your finish.
-Lee

I installed the Xpel Clear Bra on my White 2003. It offers the protection from stone chips and dirt, is almost invisible, goes on under the license plate, doesn't have to be removed, won't vitrate in the wind, won't get dirt or soap under it, and looks great.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back