Update on splash guards.

Notice: This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you. Thank you for your support!
Status
Not open for further replies.
M

mwhit

VIP Contributor
Last seen
Thunderbird Year
If anyone has tried the link from a few weeks ago for the splash guards it is broken.
The new link is http://www.craigwhitmoyer.com/2002.htm
I was updating the site and deleted it by mistake. New pictures are posted. Several members have placed orders and I am waiting to hear from you. I have sets cut drilled and ready to go. Thanks Mike

------------------
(2)Turbo Coupes
Yellow 2002 11528 in the shed

I have installed guards on rear and they really work great. not nearly as noticeable as you might think (So. Ca. is not big on mud flaps) Worth the money for rear only. I don't think I would like logos on them.
gene

I can still provide splash guards to protect your car. Several sets sold on E-Bay as well. Just wanted to move to the top for any new members.
biggrin.gif

------------------
(2)Turbo Coupes

30+ sets sold to protect our precious cars. Just wanted move to the top to let you know they are still available. Anyone that has the guards might want to post your thoughts. Thanks Mike

------------------
(2)Turbo Coupes

-

I installed Mike's mudflaps on my yellow 02.
Am very happy with them. Sure stops the
splash residue. They were easy to install,
Mike's holes were perfect. Used an upholstery tool to pry out the front plastic
inserts.
Again-very satisfied.

Installed the rear splash guards today in only a few minutes. The front I mounted with spring binder clips, so they aren't permanent. I can remove all four for car shows in about 5 minutes. Thanks, Mike.

------------------
Yellow premium, full accent 4127

These splash guards work great !!!!!!
All the members of the Alaska 2002 Thunderbird Club have them and they work.
Very easy to install.
Looks good & protects the pain job.
These are a MUST have for all Thunderbirds.
Thanks mike. Your mud/rock guards are
the way to go if you want to keep your new birds paint job from being scratched or pitted.

Ralph Westover # 10061 Alaska

------------------
Bird # 10061

Originally posted by wizbird:
We saw splash guards on a new T-bird. They had the Thunderbird logo in the same color as the car. We can't find them at Ford. Do the ones you sell have the logo on them? If not, do you know who makes them?
]http://www.fordthunderbirdforum.com/ubb/biggrin.gif[/IMG]

I got the logo mats at Carlisle from a general parts vendor. The logo was white. I then went to the hobby store and bought yellow enamel. I had to trim the inside edge to fit around the muffler. I also drilled the holes so that I could use the existing screws. I had several people at the national ask what catalog they came from!

[/B][/QUOTE]

We just found your response while looking at older messages for something else.

We saw the yellow car at the national show in Parsippany, NJ.

You say you got them in Carlisle. PA? How would we go about gettin more info? Cost? dealer? ordering info?

We thought they looked great and are considering the plain black ones if we can't find the ones with the logo?

Were the ones you got made for the old t-birds? Is that why you had to trim them?

Originally posted by redbird@snip:

Im intereswted in getting the mud flaps front and rear. Ill be driving the car to Florida on 11/11/02 and would like to recieve them before I go if you cando. Let me know how I can order them from you pls.
Originally posted by mwhit:
30+ sets sold to protect our precious cars. Just wanted move to the top to let you know they are still available. Anyone that has the guards might want to post your thoughts. Thanks Mike

installation was very quick & painless!
i used a 7/32 socket since i did not have a 5.5mm [worked fine for those french-challenged type like myself].

They also fit the 2003 Birds. They will save the paint behind the wheels. Also Happy New Year to all.

------------------
(2)88 Turbo Coupes
Yellow 2002 11528 (1 of 307)

Mike,

Received mine in the mail today, will let you know when I put them on. Thanks for the prompt shipment.

HKS

Hermann Siegl

Originally posted by mwhit:
If anyone has tried the link from a few weeks ago for the splash guards it is broken.
The new link is http://www.craigwhitmoyer.com/2002.htm
I was updating the site and deleted it by mistake. New pictures are posted. Several members have placed orders and I am waiting to hear from you. I have sets cut drilled and ready to go. Thanks Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back