New guy with 2002 bird | Ford Thunderbird forum club group 1955-2005 models
  • We're glad you found us via a search engine! Right now, you can join our club absolutely free and unlock member only features like the site search! This notice only appears once! It only takes 30 seconds to register, and we would love to have you as part of the World's largest Thunderbird Forum/Club! Click here to continue

• Click here to remove google ads from the site
  • Click " Like/Thanks" at the bottom of a member's post to reward and thank them for their response! Points are added to their profile.
  • 2002-05 Owners. As of August 2022 there is now an entire suspension kit for sale! Scroll down to the bottom of the first post click here.

• Get rid of swirls and minor paint surface scratches with this Polish & Compounds kit. Click here to read more!.

New guy with 2002 bird

• Thread starter Thread starter stemmlerd
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
S
I just wanted to introduce myself. I just bought a 2002 Premium bird black on black. It had only 8000 miles and 18 months left on a Ford extended warranty.
Right now it is 70 miles away at my girlfriends garage in York, PA. I live in Glen Burnie,Maryland. My girl named the 'bird Sal. I don't know why, but it seems to work. This will be our weekend getaway car.

I was going to buy another motorcycle, but I think this will be safer for the lady.

Even with the low mileage, there are some stone chips and small scratches. Any suggestions on the best way to make them disappear.

I am open for suggestions on the care and feeding of this baby. As I read parts of the forum, there seems to be nice collection of 'bird owners.

Maybe next time I will have something more to offer.

Oh, I tried to join, but the sign-up page would not accept my credit card.

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

stemmlerd:

Congratulations on the new Bird... 8000 miles in 5-6 years? It's brand new! But it certainly was a better/safer decision than the bike....considering rain etc. you are still protected.
You can get paint touch up at the Ford dealers. I never was tempted to do it myself since I have never done touch up work. If the car's as nice as it sounds, I'd wait until an expert can do it for you. That Black is the same on all 5 years of TBirds, so it would be easy to match.

There's lots of info under the search function, but if you still have questions, post them under a thread withn that name on it and someone will respond.
Good Luck!!

Paint chip repair

I stumbled up on this a few days ago. Haven't tried it but it may be worth a look.

https://forums.fordthunderbirdforum.com/langka.htm

I haven't bought that particular item, but have purchased other items there. These are great people to deal with!!😎

Thanks

Thanks for the information and the link.
I just went for a short drive tonight before the snow hits us. I really love driving the T-bird. I am still new and enjoying it.

My neighbor told me that a local dealer had a 2002 bird with 7000 miles. He is asking $28,500.

Mine has 8000 miles and I paid $21,500. I love it.

You got yourself a good deal, Enjoy!!😎

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back