My 1 Year Anniversary Update (2003) | Ford Thunderbird forum club group 1955-2005 models
  • We're glad you found us via a search engine! Right now, you can join our club absolutely free and unlock member only features like the site search! This notice only appears once! It only takes 30 seconds to register, and we would love to have you as part of the World's largest Thunderbird Forum/Club! Click here to continue

• Click here to remove google ads from the site
  • Click " Like/Thanks" at the bottom of a member's post to reward and thank them for their response! Points are added to their profile.
  • 2002-05 Owners. As of August 2022 there is now an entire suspension kit for sale! Scroll down to the bottom of the first post click here.

• Get rid of swirls and minor paint surface scratches with this Polish & Compounds kit. Click here to read more!.

My 1 Year Anniversary Update (2003)

• Thread starter Thread starter Tuckers Baby
  • Start date Start date
Tuckers Baby

Tuckers Baby

Reaction score
Thunderbird Year
This Friday marked one year since I purchased Christine in 2020, 8,200 miles ago. In my last post I mentioned the new coilovers and how I’m living the lowered life now. I’ve gotten used to it and haven’t had any further scraping issues since; even parallel parked her on campus a few days when I took the car to class.DCEF39F9-01C7-4007-BA6E-9140EA800FEB.jpeg

The other issue I mentioned was my coil packs which were indeed bad and got replaced alongside my spark plugs only to find oil where it shouldn’t be, especially flooding cylinder #7. So that got sopped up and I called my mechanic to schedule an appointment for new valve cover gaskets. While there, my repair bill doubled when he found my intake manifold gaskets I previously thought fixed at the Ford dealership, had about 1” missing of one and a cut in another. Rather than trying to deal with people 100 miles away I just ate the cost then and there. Now there’s no more missfire in cylinder #8 and my engine sounds healthy as ever. He even found the last source of my lean codes being the Cold Air Intake and all I have to do there is bolster the seals with some tube silicone.

Also took the T-Bird to Cars & Coffee this morning, getting plenty of attention as I’m the only one in a sea of Mustangs and JDM. CA72BC2D-643F-4FD8-8DAE-DFB273F69EF7.jpeg
Just wanted to thank you guys so much for all the advice and support you’ve given this late-stage millennial. I hope to give this car the attention she rightfully deserves but preserve her for the day I pass the keys on to someone new.
736C5E8F-BD8B-40C6-A78D-832E7072C06E.jpeg
BC339178-EC5D-4DEB-921F-26DAA5AA110D.jpeg
48FE2B33-BC02-4B75-9AF7-2EF0D95694F3.jpeg

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

Back