Magazines with articles & ads

Status
Not open for further replies.
Besides the "Vanity Fair" issue, have found the same 12 page ad for the NY designers fashions in "Gourmet" and "Vogue" - both March issues.

------------------
Dot, tbird blue w/white top on order, #18/26 the New T-bird

-

-

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

The current issue of AutoWeek (2/25/02) has a two-page summary article on the Thunderbird, including comments from owners.

2002 Tbird Designer 12 page special ad in March issue of ARCHITECTURAL DIGEST.

------------------
'56 TBird '02 NM Bird
'98 F250
'68 AMC AMX
'73 Volvo 1800ES
'01 Olds Aurora 4.0

Just so every knows that this thread is still open for business.

New ad spotted:
for Mothers wax - page 87 in the May issue of Automobile - uses a Thunderbird blue T-bird.

Also - don't think this has been mentioned before on the forum but there is another book out there with a really good chapter on the concept and 2002 Thunderbird. It was published last year and "Kristi" has reminded me of it several times. I finally picked up a copy. She & I and others have found the book in "Borders Book Stores". It's a large, coffee table size book titled: Thunderbird Chronicles. The cover is black with the 6 different emblems used over the years on the cover and a picture of the concept & a Thunderbird blue 55 on the back. Each chapter covers an era of the Thunderbird including design pictures. It's by the auto editors of Consumer Guide.

Not to forget - the Time magazine article from the April 1 edition with the interview that was brought up in a couple of other threads.

------------------
Dot, tbird blue w/white top on order, #18/26 the New T-bird

Dot,

Regarding the "Time" magazine article, I was able to track down the lady written about in the article. She lives here in Atlanta. I have spoken to her several times on the phone. She has a new white Thunderbird, like mine. She is coming to our road rally in a few weeks.

Sunday New York Times Style Magazine for March 24, 2002 had a neat article on road trips with a yellow t-bird featured.

------------------

I found a bottle of Mother's California Gold, Original formula, Carnauba Cleaner Wax, with the picture of a Blue '02 Bird. It's says it restores color and removes oxidation! What are they saying about the Bird's paint. HAHA Should have had a Hugo on the label. I only bought it because it was on sale $4.97 (16oz.), but I don't think I'll use it , I'll just put it away with the other T-Bird stuff. I perfer the wax I am useing now.

------------------
2002 Black/Black/Full Red
1957 Starmist Blue
1981 Shay ('55 Reproduction)(ok so I sold it 2 months ago)

couple of finds brought to my attention:
1 - Ford Company report 2001, p10/11, p 75 new bird; item : ford.com says to check for Centential Celebration info, 2003 is 100 years

2 - Detroit News Sunday April 21. Article is about brokers buying cars in Canada for less than dealers pay Ford Wholesale in US - I haven't searched their website for the article yet.[if you must make comments about that article, please start another thread]

did my web search and found the article:
detroit news article by Mark Truby

-

Anyone know where I can get the pix of the "Let the Stories Begin" ad. I want to put them on my PC, and perhaps even create a poster/picture for my office.

A Bentley, nice comparison at 1/4 of the price.
wink.gif

I picked up a copy of June Motor Trend to check the long term report. It is less than 1/2 page, they have only had the car for two weeks. Also it is a factory car with 9000 miles on it when they got it. If it was one of the pre-production cars, it may have problems that do not show up on the production cars.

------------------
Bill's Red and White #4359
Tag # 15AGAIN

This months Elle magazine has an article about the writer renting a white tbird and driving along the ventura highway. Most of the article was about the attention and questions she rec'd about the car

frown.gif
Auto Week May 27, I thought that this was going to be a review on the 02 Bird, think again. The car was only mentioned 5 times as either Thunderbird or T-Bird. The main topic of this was the XM Radio and that didn't get a very good review. Don't think I would pay the price for it. A couple good shots of the yellow Bird but that's about it.

------------------
02 T-Bird 9293
69 Vette
73 MGB
97 F-150 4x4
2-Seadoo Jet Skies
Live Long and Prosper!

for collectors, it doesn't matter - as long as the Thunderbird is mentioned or pictured, particularly on the cover. Haven't found a steady source of Auto Week around here - may just have to subscribe sometime.

biggrin.gif
Dot they did have a yellow Bird on the cover. So I guess it's not all bad.
rolleyes.gif

------------------
02 T-Bird 9293
69 Vette
73 MGB
97 F-150 4x4
2-Seadoo Jet Skies
Live Long and Prosper!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back