Luggage Rack | Ford Thunderbird forum club group 1955-2005 models
  • We're glad you found us via a search engine! Right now, you can join our club absolutely free and unlock member only features like the site search! This notice only appears once! It only takes 30 seconds to register, and we would love to have you as part of the World's largest Thunderbird Forum/Club! Click here to continue

• Click here to remove google ads from the site
  • Click " Like/Thanks" at the bottom of a member's post to reward and thank them for their response! Points are added to their profile.
  • 2002-05 Owners. As of August 2022 there is now an entire suspension kit for sale! Scroll down to the bottom of the first post click here.

• Get rid of swirls and minor paint surface scratches with this Polish & Compounds kit. Click here to read more!.

Luggage Rack

• Thread starter Thread starter BobH
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
B
Reaction score
I just got back from a trip from Cape May, NJ to Key West, Fl (about 2800 miles) with my 2005 T-Bird and for the first time used a luggage rack , strapping on a suit case. I should have tried this earlier. The rack didn't even need tightening and for a change,my wife and I were able to pack everything we needed. I thought I'd put this out there in case anyone was avoiding taking the T-Bird on longer trips.

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

I had no idea they even made luggage racks for these things! Thanks for the advice, this would definitely be worth it. Of course, I can't view it because I am not a paid member, but oh well. I'll look it up online. Did your guys' trip go well? 🙂

Rack is OK

I just got back from a trip from Cape May, NJ to Key West, Fl (about 2800 miles) with my 2005 T-Bird and for the first time used a luggage rack , strapping on a suit case. I should have tried this earlier. The rack didn't even need tightening and for a change,my wife and I were able to pack everything we needed. I thought I'd put this out there in case anyone was avoiding taking the T-Bird on longer trips.
= alleycat says,

Also, if you have a flat tire, the flat will hardly fit in the trunk, so you can
put it on the rack to take to the tire store.
You wouldn't want to put the bad tire IN the car, just strap it on the back.
The rack was the best thing I added to my bird.

Last edited by a moderator:
Stainless Steel Removeable Luggage Rack

Have you had any problems resulting from the use of this rack? I have been seriously considering buying one to resolve the luggage/flat tire situations, but I want to make sure that my car is not going to be damaged in its use.

Bob:
Where did you get it?😕Expensive?

Actually, Thundebird Concepts had stopped making the luggage rack when I needed it, so I bought a Surco rack which are custom made for the 2002-2005 T-Bird. I paid $211. Ther'e easy to find online. There is only one piece that snaps under the trunk lid, and you just need to be careful to wrap it with a little extra tape . I had no problems on the trip.

Actually Bob, also Diego & xgman, they are still making them. He did have an issue with the rubber feet sliding on the trunk, and is currently mailing replacements to everyone who bought a trunk rack.

Someone posted one for sale on our facebook page.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back