How many produced | Ford Thunderbird forum club group 1955-2005 models
  • We're glad you found us via a search engine! Right now, you can join our club absolutely free and unlock member only features like the site search! This notice only appears once! It only takes 30 seconds to register, and we would love to have you as part of the World's largest Thunderbird Forum/Club! Click here to continue

• Click here to remove google ads from the site
  • Click " Like/Thanks" at the bottom of a member's post to reward and thank them for their response! Points are added to their profile.
  • 2002-05 Owners. As of August 2022 there is now an entire suspension kit for sale! Scroll down to the bottom of the first post click here.

• Get rid of swirls and minor paint surface scratches with this Polish & Compounds kit. Click here to read more!.

How many produced

• Thread starter Thread starter Billy
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
B
Reaction score
I have a 2005 Thunderbird VIN #1FAHP60A85Y101389 - It's a Premium edition - Evening Black with the Tourch Red Full Interior Color Accent Package - I would like to know how many were produced - And any other information that someone can dig up - Thanks for your help - Billy

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

Ask Quickdraw or Dot. Quickdraw can tell you when it was ordered, built, delivered, sold how many that color combo and total built.. he has a sticky post "info on your 02-05 bird"

Denise

Billy:
On the same page you find this thread is one entitled "Find out how rare your 2002-2005 TB is"
Click on that and enter your data on last page. When Quickdraw is available he is very responsive.

How many produced? 9295

I believe that the overall production figures are:

2002 31368
2003 14678
2004 12757
2005 09295
--------------
Total 68098 😎

production numbers

I wonder if Ford Motor Company would confirm actual production numbers of Thunderbirds produced in model years 2002 - 2005. Wasn't 25,000 per year originally planned production? Where would there be a web site or info confirming actual production verified by Ford. I believe your figures are pretty close from what I've read about sales on wikipedia. Thanks, Andy

Andy:
I don't think you'll get Ford to confirm the numbers. However, the numbers I posted are from Quickdraw who worked at Ford and kept us all tuned in from initial announcement of the Retro-Birds through to the final 2005 produced - Then he retired. Therefore I believe those numbers I posted to be accurate.
Yes the initial plans were to build 25,000 a year for 4 years. But as we all know Ford really never spent a lot of marketing/sales dollars, which resulted in very sluggish sales. Thus only 68,000 new Birds.
Lots of data on Dot's site. If you can't get there, PM or email me for URL

Last edited:
Production

George, Thanks for the info. I'm with you. The 68,000 figure sounds good to me. I have a 2005 and a friend has a 2005 Limited Edition, one of 1500. The fewer number out there makes me believe there is more value to these "rare birds." I love mine and have two friends who love theirs. Again, thanks for the info ---made my day. Andy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back