Find Out How Rare Your '02-'05 Thunderbird is...

Notice: This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you. Thank you for your support!
Status
Not open for further replies.
Quickdraw said:
Gredbird,

Top on or off is a tough call appearence-wise but IMO nothing beats top down for driving.

Yours is not the Deluxe it's the more expensive Premium model. Your Red/Red HT/Full color interior is one of exactly 1,100.

Order Date: 2/19/2003
Date Built: 3/25/2003
At Dealer: 4/15/2003
Sold Date: 9/13/2003

Was that 1,100 for all years combined? I have exact same configuration but mine is 05.

How Rare

Hi, Harry,

I just recently purchased a used 2005 T-Bird, with low mileage, and in pristine condition. I'm in love with my car, and this forum!

With the following data, can you please tell me the build date, and how many cars were made like mine? This car was originally owned by a rental company in LA, then sold at auction in St. Louis, to a dealer in IL (with whom I dealt). On another site, I read there were 1,383 birds produced in '05 in bronze metallic. I wonder how many of those were deluxe/premiums? You previously stated there were 545 (P) with a hardtop and 7-spoke wheels, and 333 (P) with a hardtop and 16-spoke wheels (878), but how many were premiums with a soft top? And were the figures you quoted only those with the sand interior package and SST? I have not seen one described exactly the same as mine:

2005, Premium, Vin: 1FAHP60A05Y108045
Bronze Metallic
Light sand interior package
5 speed automatic (no SST)
17" 16-spoke machined wheels (not the painted ones - there are two different 16-spoke wheels)
Parking (fog) lamps
Convertible boot

Also, because I HAVE-to-HAVE the signature PORTHOLE, I am currently negotiating to purchase a hardtop for my new baby. I know only bronze was allowed on a "new" car in that color; but my hardtop will be BLACK, to accent the exterior, and correspond with the interior. I believe the black will really set-it-off. To your knowledge, will I (temporarily) have one-of-a-kind, or have others opted for the same color choice?

This forum is FANTASTIC!
Thanks so much.

Hannah3 said:
Was that 1,100 for all years combined? I have exact same configuration but mine is 05.

Hannah, Nope that was for that year only... fror the 2005s extra data is available so I need to know if you have the SST (transmission) and what wheels you have. Just counting REed?Red HT/Full red interior there wrere 371 2005s made like that... the SST and wheels will cut that number down.

Euphoric said:
Hi, Harry,

I just recently purchased a used 2005 T-Bird, with low mileage, and in pristine condition. I'm in love with my car, and this forum!

With the following data, can you please tell me the build date, and how many cars were made like mine? This car was originally owned by a rental company in LA, then sold at auction in St. Louis, to a dealer in IL (with whom I dealt). On another site, I read there were 1,383 birds produced in '05 in bronze metallic. I wonder how many of those were deluxe/premiums? You previously stated there were 545 (P) with a hardtop and 7-spoke wheels, and 333 (P) with a hardtop and 16-spoke wheels (878), but how many were premiums with a soft top? And were the figures you quoted only those with the sand interior package and SST? I have not seen one described exactly the same as mine:

2005, Premium, Vin: 1FAHP60A05Y108045
Bronze Metallic
Light sand interior package
5 speed automatic (no SST)
17" 16-spoke machined wheels (not the painted ones - there are two different 16-spoke wheels)
Parking (fog) lamps
Convertible boot

Also, because I HAVE-to-HAVE the signature PORTHOLE, I am currently negotiating to purchase a hardtop for my new baby. I know only bronze was allowed on a "new" car in that color; but my hardtop will be BLACK, to accent the exterior, and correspond with the interior. I believe the black will really set-it-off. To your knowledge, will I (temporarily) have one-of-a-kind, or have others opted for the same color choice?

This forum is FANTASTIC!
Thanks so much.

Yes, Avis was the original buyer
Order Date: 4/13/2005
Date Built: 5/10/2005
At Dealer: 5/26/2005
Sold Date: 5/25/2005

The only hardtop color allowed from the factory was bronze. A nice black hard top at ebay with the stand runs nearly $2000 plus transportation costs so if you get it much less than that you got a good deal. Yours is one of 51 made like that. True, there are two kinds of 16 spoke wheels but all premium models like yours have the choice of 7 spoke chrome or 16 spoke machined wheels.

Where in Illinois are you? Im in the south Chicago burbs area near the state line with Indiana.

Thanks for the reply, and info. Sorry, I'm not in IL, would have liked to connect. That is where I purchased the car. The dealer (in Marissa) had an employee drive it to me in Virginia (for free), then I took him to the airport. Once I decided on the year/color, I did an extensive search, and the IL dealer had the best car/deal of all (at that time). I actually bought the car sight unseen, and was not disappointed. I took it out yesterday (for the 2nd time), and had four compliments at only one stop - even without a hard top.

Regarding a hard top at ebay, I'm a little weary. Have been considering purchasing a new one from a dealer. The MSRP runs $6,525! That is so disgusting, when it was only $2,500 extra when purchased with a new car! I am currently negotiating between $4,400 (+delivery from IL & local installation), or $5,100 (locally, including tax & installation). Both prices are high, when I believe the dealer cost is only $4K. I hate to have to pay so much, but I really want a new one - not used, and ebay info can be decieving. I'm afraid of that. Wish you could reassure me. By the way, do you agree that a black hard top will look good on my bronze, and do you know of any others that have done the same?

Quickdraw said:
Hannah, Nope that was for that year only... fror the 2005s extra data is available so I need to know if you have the SST (transmission) and what wheels you have. Just counting REed?Red HT/Full red interior there wrere 371 2005s made like that... the SST and wheels will cut that number down.

I have the SST and the seven spoke wheels.

Hannah3 said:
I have the SST and the seven spoke wheels.

Hannah3, Yours is one of 239, unless you don't want to include the five people with cars like yours that did not get parking lamps, in that case, yours is one of 234.

Quickdraw said:
Hannah3, Yours is one of 239, unless you don't want to include the five people with cars like yours that did not get parking lamps, in that case, yours is one of 234.
Thanks QD, much obliged.

Quickdraw said:
Thank you! Yours is one of only 86. You'll have your build date Monday.
That is just like mine only I have the 7 spoke wheels. How many like it. If it means anything, mine has the 50 th Anniversary badge too. It is a very elegant color combination and will age gracefully and with class !! maw :D

MAW said:
That is just like mine only I have the 7 spoke wheels. How many like it. If it means anything, mine has the 50 th Anniversary badge too. It is a very elegant color combination and will age gracefully and with class !! maw :D

MAW,
I cant find the message you quoted to look up what color & options you have. All 2005's have the 50th anniversary badge... what color & options do you have?

2005 Black Premium,micro Machined Wheels 64b,light Sand App. Package,46a,51p,53s. Thanks Ken!!

ken said:
2005 Black Premium,micro Machined Wheels 64b,light Sand App. Package,46a,51p,53s. Thanks Ken!!

Sorry, don't have my order decipher book at home... whats the equipment package 64b, 46a, 51p, and 53s?

Do you have the SS trans? Color of hardtop if any?

Production Number of My T-Bird

Quickdraw,

Can you tell me how many of my type T-Birds were built?

The Color is Inspiration Yellow.
I'm not sure of the body type, DELUXE etc.
The VIN number is: 1FAHP60A02Y103018
The interior is Black but I'm not sure of the type of interior package.

Thanks,
T.J.

Left Out Year Model

Quickdraw,

When I ask if you could tell me how many of my type of T-Bird
were produced I left out the year model. I'll try this again.

Year: 2002
Color: Inspiration Yellow
VIN: 1FAHP60A02Y103018
Interior Color: Black (not sure of type of interior)
Body Type: Deluxe, etc. Not certain. (I did not get an owners manual with the vehicle)
Top: Soft Top Convertible with boot.(Black) (Did not have a hard top)

Sorry for the confusion.

Thanks,
T.J.

TJ:
I've heard from QD and here's your info:

TJ, (BumbleBee1)
1FAHP60A02Y103018
Order Date: 4/5/2001
Build Date: 9/21/2001
At Dealer: 10/16/2001
Date SOld: 10/25/2001 Sold by Desjardins Auto Collection, Vanier, PQ
Your Deluxe yellow, no hardtop, Standard Black Interior & 21 spoke painted wheels is one of 40 for both US & Canada or one of 19 made to Canadian Specifications.

Kell: 28 made like that.

steveb919's 2002

Recently purchased a 2002 inspiration yellow body with inspiration yellow removable hard top, black convertable top and boot, interior is inspiration yellow accent package, 7 spoke chrome cast alum wheels, order code is 130A, has the traction control and the fog lights. I think it is the premium model. The vin # is:1FAHP60A12Y117185. I was lucky enough to get the original owners manual and window sticker that was on it when it was sold. Any info you could give me would be very welcome. Thank You.

Recently purchased a 2002 inspiration yellow body with inspiration yellow removable hard top, black convertable top and boot, interior is inspiration yellow accent package, 7 spoke chrome cast alum wheels, order code is 130A, has the traction control and the fog lights. I think it is the premium model. The vin # is:1FAHP60A12Y117185. I was lucky enough to get the original owners manual and window sticker that was on it when it was sold. Any info you could give me would be very welcome. Thank You.

Steve, Yes, it's the premium model....

1FAHP60A12Y117185
Order Date: 2/20/2002
Date Built: 5/1/2002
At Dealer: 5/9/2002
Date Sold: 5/17/2002 Originally sold by Plantation Ford, Plantation, FL.

Your premium yellow body & hardtop, full yellow interior, 7 spoke chrome wheels is one of 1,938.

One last question for now

:)
Steve, Yes, it's the premium model....

1FAHP60A12Y117185
Order Date: 2/20/2002
Date Built: 5/1/2002
At Dealer: 5/9/2002
Date Sold: 5/17/2002 Originally sold by Plantation Ford, Plantation, FL.

Your premium yellow body & hardtop, full yellow interior, 7 spoke chrome wheels is one of 1,938.

Thank You for the info.

Was that one of 1938 for the year 2002 or for the whole run of four years and did that yellow bird come with a white hard top as the 57 bird (it was yellow also) that I once owned did?
Also does anyone know the top speed of this 02 bird?

Steve

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back