Find Out How Rare Your '02-'05 Thunderbird is...

Status
Not open for further replies.
2004 Thundebird Pacific Coast Roadster

I have a Pacific Coast Roadster # 718 serial # 1FAHP63A64Y108500. I would like to know the build date and the # it was in production.
David Mullis

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

davidm7173 said:
I have a Pacific Coast Roadster # 718 serial # 1FAHP63A64Y108500. I would like to know the build date and the # it was in production.
David Mullis

David,
1FAHP63A64Y108500
Order Date: 2/11/2004
Date Built: 3/12/2004 Came off the line about 2:00pm EST
At Dealer: 3/23/2004
Sold Date: 5/28/2004

Your car came off the line about 2pm EST on Friday 3/12/2004

They finished 47 cars on that day, so, with about an hour left before the end of the shift, they finished about six after yours and 40 before.
Soooo... 8,489 + 40 , yours was about the 8,529th 2004 built out of 12,757 that year.

Although they made exactly 1,000 they were not built in the number order in teh glove box, that is, say #700, may have come off the line before yours.

Here's my information
Premium
Blue
White
Full Blue
Parking Lamps

2005 Pacific Coast Roadster 776 ... could you tell me information about the production?

Thanks,
T

tommytbirdblue said:
Here's my information
Premium
Blue
White
Full Blue
Parking Lamps

2005 Pacific Coast Roadster 776 ... could you tell me information about the production?

Thanks,
T

The 2002 blue/White HT/Full Blue is one of 291.

Did you mean "2004 PCR" or "2005 Cashmere 50th Edition"? There were 1000 04 PCRs and 1500 2005 Cashmeres.

Last edited by a moderator:
2005 50th..... Or Not?

SIL/SIL/SAND SOFT TOP,
SAND APPEARANCE PKG
16 SPOKE WHEELS
PARKING LIGHTS
SST TRANNY

What can you tell me about my car? The vin is 1fahp60a85y106883. I bought it Dec 30 2005. Its Platinum Silver with Sand appearance package, front parking lights, Sil hard top, Prem pkg and a 50th anniv badge on the front fenders. Please tell me all you can as I am confused about the badge. I realized AFTER I bought it that it really is not a 50th anniv edition. Why did they put the badge on the fenders?

Thanks!

Last edited:
Vegasbird said:
SIL/SIL/SAND SOFT TOP,
SAND APPEARANCE PKG
16 SPOKE WHEELS
PARKING LIGHTS
SST TRANNY

What can you tell me about my car? The vin is 1fahp60a85y106883. I bought it Dec 30 2005. Its Platinum Silver with Sand appearance package, front parking lights, Sil hard top, Prem pkg and a 50th anniv badge on the front fenders. Please tell me all you can as I am confused about the badge. I realized AFTER I bought it that it really is not a 50th anniv edition. Why did they put the badge on the fenders?

Thanks!

Date ordered: 3/2/2005
Date Built: 4/7/2005
At Dealer: 5/13/2005
Sold Date: 12/30/2005

Yours is one of only 34 made like that. All 2005s are considered 50th anniversary cars (1955-2005) and thus the side chevrons. There were also 1,500 2005 Limited edition Cashmeres with white interior made for 2005. If you really wanted one of these I can help you locate an unsold one.

FWIW, The very last Thunderbird made was built on July 1, 2005 and it was silver. It went to the Josephine Ford Family.

How do you like the car? <grin>

Oh I love it! I was very disappointed when I first heard that my bird was possibly not a true 50th anniversary because my cousin bought a bronze one in May 2005. She has black interior w/50th embossed on the seats, a number plate in the glove box and 50th door sills. But then I got to thinking about it, I bought cause I loved the look and I was going to make it a daily driver anyway. I still look at pictures almost every day. I love the sand package. At 1st I wasnt sure I liked the tan over silver but it looks really good together once you get used to it. Oh and I do get complements every day! The same week I bought it I went shopping on the internet and found about a dozen vehs left for sale mostly in CA. They all had 50th badges on them except 1 red /blk soft top. Then I concluded that once Ford decidded to stop production they probably put badges on everyone after that. (not sure just my guess).

Hey thanks for the info it made my day. Someday I'll figure out how to post pictures. What do you think about thunderbird concepts chrome accents? I bought the trim for under the hard top (also had paint sealed) and the chrome bezel for the hood.

Vegasbird said:
Oh I love it! I was very disappointed when I first heard that my bird was possibly not a true 50th anniversary because my cousin bought a bronze one in May 2005. She has black interior w/50th embossed on the seats, a number plate in the glove box and 50th door sills. But then I got to thinking about it, I bought cause I loved the look and I was going to make it a daily driver anyway. I still look at pictures almost every day. I love the sand package. At 1st I wasnt sure I liked the tan over silver but it looks really good together once you get used to it. Oh and I do get complements every day! The same week I bought it I went shopping on the internet and found about a dozen vehs left for sale mostly in CA. They all had 50th badges on them except 1 red /blk soft top. Then I concluded that once Ford decidded to stop production they probably put badges on everyone after that. (not sure just my guess).

Did you see your cousins bronze w/50th embossed on the seats? Id like to see photos, as Ford didn't make them like that so its a custom job. Did they maybe dye the 50th Cashmere seat skins from white to black? The Cashmere Edition is the only Bird with the 50th emboss on the seats. Ford also does not put numbers in the glove box for anything except the limited editions, for 2005 that would be the Cashmere ones. There are no special 50th badging differences between the silver, bronze, black, red, etc.

If that red one did not have a 50th fender badges it was a 2002, 2003, or 2004 unless someone changed it after it left the factory. All 2005s carry the same 50th badge on the fender and throughout the car (except those 1,500 Cashmeres).

I do not like that after market chrome strip on the hood scoop - it looks "stuck on". If you haven' already installed it - send it back and buy the Ford part. For the 2002 Neiman Marcus edition and the 2005 Cashmere edition Ford made a chrome scoop, the 2002 costs about $150 and the 2005 part looks identical but it is about $75. If you want to go this route I'll get Ford part number.

Well I'm going to have to check her car out more thoroughly next time I am in Calif later this month as I am sure she told me she had the id plate in the glovebox and the 50th on the seats. I will have to keep you posted on that.

As far as the chrome hood scoop bezel, yes I would like the order number so I can get one. Are they difficult to put on the car? I understand you have to take the hood liner out of the underside of the hood to get to it.

Thank you so much for your research in all this, you are like a Tbird encyclopedia!! And I am exstatic to know that I did not end up with some kind of aftermarket sales pitch on my baby. Even so, no matter how it would have turned out, I paid about $12k less than my cousin did back in May 05!
I'll keep you posted.

Quickdraw,

Can you lookup the info on 1FAHP60A04Y107248 ?

2004, evening black, light sand package, black hardtop, light sand soft top, 17" 16 spoke machined wheel, sst.

Thanks in advance!

Regards,
John.

2003 #___of how many

My Bird is

2003 Torch Red
Deluxe, I think, Black and Red interior, red steering wheel section and shift
Red hardtop
Black Soft top and boot

I'll send Vin later.
Thanks

Vegasbird said:
Well I'm going to have to check her car out more thoroughly next time I am in Calif later this month as I am sure she told me she had the id plate in the glovebox and the 50th on the seats. I will have to keep you posted on that.

As far as the chrome hood scoop bezel, yes I would like the order number so I can get one. Are they difficult to put on the car? I understand you have to take the hood liner out of the underside of the hood to get to it.

Thank you so much for your research in all this, you are like a Tbird encyclopedia!! And I am exstatic to know that I did not end up with some kind of aftermarket sales pitch on my baby. Even so, no matter how it would have turned out, I paid about $12k less than my cousin did back in May 05!
I'll keep you posted.

Yes, its best to take out the liner but the whole job is less than 30 minutes...
Part# 5W6Z-16C630-AAA How to replace the bezel:
Remove the hood liner, being careful not to disturb the antenna strap and carefully pinch the retainer clips holding the bezel from behind with needlenose pliers and remove. Remove old bezel and snap in new bezel.

3rd Bird,

Did I give you the build date for your car? Yours is one of 241...

Harry

gjredbird said:
My Bird is

2003 Torch Red
Deluxe, I think, Black and Red interior, red steering wheel section and shift
Red hardtop
Black Soft top and boot

I'll send Vin later.
Thanks

gjredbird,
I need the last five digits of your VIN to see for sure what interior you have (you could have the full red or partial red interior).... the VIN doesn't tell me but I can look it up from that...-

Harry

Quickdraw,

Appreciate the info! If you can find the dates on it also that would be great! Thanks again for all of your help.

Regards,
3rd Brd

How rare is it?

I have the black and red interior. The seats are black leather with red centers
the doors have the red bird wings wrapping around you. The dash and carpets are black. The last four of the Vin 9203.

I LOVE MY BIRD!!!!!! ;) :) I have 55,000 miles on it and it looks wonderful. I can't decide if I like it better with the top on or off. We drove it from Arkansas to Colorado in July got a great picture of it up on Independence Pass. It just makes you feel wonderful just to look at it. I have never really liked red cars but this one is just a delight.

3RD BRD said:
Quickdraw,

Appreciate the info! If you can find the dates on it also that would be great! Thanks again for all of your help.

Regards,
3rd Brd

3rd Brd,

1FAHP60A04Y107248
Order Date: 12/8/2003
Date Built: 1/12/2004
At Dealer: 1/26/2004
Sold Date: 1/26/2004

gjredbird said:
I have the black and red interior. The seats are black leather with red centers
the doors have the red bird wings wrapping around you. The dash and carpets are black. The last four of the Vin 9203.

I LOVE MY BIRD!!!!!! ;) :) I have 55,000 miles on it and it looks wonderful. I can't decide if I like it better with the top on or off. We drove it from Arkansas to Colorado in July got a great picture of it up on Independence Pass. It just makes you feel wonderful just to look at it. I have never really liked red cars but this one is just a delight.

Gredbird,

Top on or off is a tough call appearence-wise but IMO nothing beats top down for driving.

Yours is not the Deluxe it's the more expensive Premium model. Your Red/Red HT/Full color interior is one of exactly 1,100.

Order Date: 2/19/2003
Date Built: 3/25/2003
At Dealer: 4/15/2003
Sold Date: 9/13/2003

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back