dealer doubtful on 05 | Ford Thunderbird forum club group 1955-2005 models
  • We're glad you found us via a search engine! Right now, you can join our club absolutely free and unlock member only features like the site search! This notice only appears once! It only takes 30 seconds to register, and we would love to have you as part of the World's largest Thunderbird Forum/Club! Click here to continue

• Click here to remove google ads from the site
  • Click " Like/Thanks" at the bottom of a member's post to reward and thank them for their response! Points are added to their profile.
  • 2002-05 Owners. As of August 2022 there is now an entire suspension kit for sale! Scroll down to the bottom of the first post click here.

• Get rid of swirls and minor paint surface scratches with this Polish & Compounds kit. Click here to read more!.

dealer doubtful on 05

• Thread starter Thread starter whvt01
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Was in the dealership yesterday. To kill time was looking at
the 7 - 03's they had out front. A salesman came up and got
to talking that we might be interested in trading the 02 for
a 50th anniversary model.

He said they were doubtful would see 05 models. From all
the articles they seem to talk positive on an 05. Has any
heard they will go ahead and kill it after 04.

He also said the owner want to deal on the 03 to move'em
out. Didn't ask any further as to what a deal was since
not interested. Not like the end of 02 and offering deals.

Last edited by a moderator:

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

He wasn't trying to make a sales pitch, since knew we had one so, ? where his infor is coming from . If the car is around in 06
that will be a surprise.

I can see no way that Ford cannot have a 50th anniversary Thunderbird. Believe me, there will be a 50th anniversary model even if they have to hang T-Bird emblems and logos on a Taurus to get it done. Can't have a 49 year old nameplate and not make a 50th.

Did you ask him how long he worked there? Most car lots have more turnovers than Pepperidge Farms.

Ford dealers are usually the last people to get product information. I'd stick with Car and Driver.

I can tell you from experience the car lot is not the go to place for forcasted information.

From talking to him he has probably been there at least a year.
Before that he worked at another local Ford dealership.

Did say, he and his wife are thinking about one since kids are
just out of the house. But wondering if the car would have
too limited of use. They could probably get a real good deal
with the employee ford plan.

Having been around the T-bird since
its introduction would have liked to talk to him longer
about local customers feedback. On an 007 they had,
it sat around for about 4-5 months before it moved.

???? Maybe the owner is not going to order Birds for
lot stock, just on a customer sold basis. That way
they won't have an inventory to move. This is
just a guess, ?? where it could come from.

Originally posted by whvt01
They could probably get a real good deal
with the employee ford plan.

Since he is not a Ford employee, he won't be getting squat. Dealership salespeople don't qualify under A Plan.

General rule for dealer employee's buying cars from their own dealership is invoice. Then as a Ford employee, Ford gives an employee rebate check of $300.00 Not really any big savings. I have bought 4 vehicles this way when I used to work for dealer.

In November when take the hardtop off, need to have the
dealership look at the top alignment on the left and replace
a plastic clip. If the guy is still there going to ask if still thinks 04
will be the last model.

Originally posted by LON O'CONNELL
General rule for dealer employee's buying cars from their own dealership is invoice. Then as a Ford employee, Ford gives an employee rebate check of $300.00 Not really any big savings. I have bought 4 vehicles this way when I used to work for dealer.

Sorry LON, but this is wrong information. Every invoice from Ford Motor Company has the Invoice Price, X plan and A plan price. A plan saves thousands.

Ford A plan, is for current Ford employees. The Aplan price is printed on the invoice.
Ford Z plan, is for retired Ford employees. The Zplan price is printed on the invoice.
Ford X plan. is for suppliers to Ford. Xplan is 4% over Aplan.

TBird - I failed to say which price off of the invoice. But a dealer employee does also get a $300.oo discount in a form of a rebate check. And it is still no big deal. $3 - 4 thousand.

Let me clarify for everyone.

People that work at a Ford dealership are not employees of Ford and do not get big discounts. They may get a 300.00 rebate, but they are on there own for negotiating the price.

Ford employees save a substantial amount of money on a purchase of a new vehicle and also get all rebates and incentives offered. Ford employees do not buy at invoice, they have a special price printed on the invoice which is well below invoice.

Ford A plan, is for current Ford employees. The Aplan price is printed on the invoice.
Ford Z plan, is for retired Ford employees. The Zplan price is printed on the invoice.
Ford X plan. is for suppliers to Ford. Xplan is 4% over Aplan.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back