New factory 16 spoke wheels..2005

G

Grumpy Rick

Last seen
Thunderbird Year
I recently acquired a 2005 T-Bird and never did care for the chrome 6 spoke wheels that came with it. After finding that the wheels are a metric size and not easily replaced with something I like better, I decided to go with the factory 16 spoke aluminum wheels that were an option when new.

It amazed me that you can still get factory 16 spoke wheels at this time (April 2022). I looked around quite a bit, and found them on line through a local Ford dealer. Picked them up today, and they are real Ford wheels, made about a year ago. When I asked the parts man why they still made them after 17 years, he said as long as there is enough market for them they will be made.

So....the details for those interested: This wheel is Ford part number 4W6Z-1007-BA. They cost me $156.56 each, for a total of $626.24 for four plus tax, making it a total of $674.77. I paid no shipping cost as I picked them up at my local dealer, Sunrise Ford in Fontana CA. Shipping to my house was about $150 more, if I needed it.

They arrived with banged up boxes, but no damage that I could see, well packed, and I will keep the old ones in the boxes.

The car is a steel blue premium model with 12,000 miles on it. It has ben slightly modified with Eibach springs that lower it 1", K/N air filter and a Borla exhaust system. I got the stock parts with the car also. The hardtop is painted Ash Color, like the Pacific Coast edition, and the interior has the Sand color option. One coil pack was acting up, and I replaced it with a new factory one.

I will try to show before and after pics when I get the wheels on..

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

When I asked the parts man why they still made them after 17 years, he said as long as there is enough market for them they will be made.
FYI I'm very familiar with the inner workings of local Ford dealerships, and you can rest assured the "parts guy" has no clue why they are still available. LOL. Ford motor company had 136.3 billion in revenue last year, so selling a few wheels is not something they care about. This likely has more to do with whoever actually makes the wheel itself.

Mike

Back