Brakes | Ford Thunderbird forum club group 1955-2005 models
  • We're glad you found us via a search engine! Right now, you can join our club absolutely free and unlock member only features like the site search! This notice only appears once! It only takes 30 seconds to register, and we would love to have you as part of the World's largest Thunderbird Forum/Club! Click here to continue

• Click here to remove google ads from the site
  • Click " Like/Thanks" at the bottom of a member's post to reward and thank them for their response! Points are added to their profile.
  • 2002-05 Owners. As of August 2022 there is now an entire suspension kit for sale! Scroll down to the bottom of the first post click here.

• Get rid of swirls and minor paint surface scratches with this Polish & Compounds kit. Click here to read more!.

Brakes

• Thread starter Thread starter steveb919
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
S
Took my bird in for 30K check up and they told me I needed new brakes on the front and to turn the rotors. Seems kind of soon for that don't you think?
$199.60 to do the job.

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

I think so also Steve, but it depends on your driving. On my Caddy I usually get 70,000 miles, but all or that is highway / long distance driving.
If your mileage is all or mostly "around town" driving it may be correct.

Hey George,

I don't know what the pevious owner did, but all my mile have been hiway. It had 23000 on it when I got it and just now have 30000 miles on it. Just wondered why. LOL

Steve

Steve , progress w/ caution! Do not trust the dealer at their word!! I made this fatal mistake and tonight I pick up my wifes 03' with only 20,000 miles. They said needed tranny work, and a coil pack. Total....$3296.26 .............OK now that your up off the floor know this I only took it in because a check engine light and a ever so slight "stutter" when setting at a stop light in gear. Felt like engine might be missing. Only did this 3 times in last 3 months for 5 seconds each time. Oh yea, spoke w/ attorney, there is a court battle coming. 😀

On my 2003 I had to replace front rotors and pads at 12,000 miles.
I do my own work. The new pads are ceramic, Tbird now has 26,000 miles and pads are very good shape.
It just cruises the Las Vegas Strip.

The Flash

Flash:
Do the ceramics reduce the brake dust as claimed??😕

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back