Birth marks and all | Ford Thunderbird forum club group 1955-2005 models
  • We're glad you found us via a search engine! Right now, you can join our club absolutely free and unlock member only features like the site search! This notice only appears once! It only takes 30 seconds to register, and we would love to have you as part of the World's largest Thunderbird Forum/Club! Click here to continue

• Click here to remove google ads from the site
  • Click " Like/Thanks" at the bottom of a member's post to reward and thank them for their response! Points are added to their profile.
  • 2002-05 Owners. As of August 2022 there is now an entire suspension kit for sale! Scroll down to the bottom of the first post click here.

• Get rid of swirls and minor paint surface scratches with this Polish & Compounds kit. Click here to read more!.

Birth marks and all

• Thread starter Thread starter TbirdMarty
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
T

TbirdMarty

VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Hi all;

This is the first chance I've had to post since getting our new toy. Monday morning my salesman called to say that our Bird had landed and was being preped and would be ready by 2:00 that afternoon. I was working out of town so I couldn't wait until I got off work to go get what I've been waiting for for well over 2 years now. When I got to the dealer I called my wife ("the Boss") and asked if she could come to the dealer to pick up her new ride. (I'm still in the dog house for keeping her in the dark about when the car would come in) After all the paperwork had been handled I got to drive it home while she followed (she's a coward when it comes to being the first to drive a car, but she and the Bird have bonded nicely now). When we got it home she noticed some shadows in the paint on the door and front fender. I like to refer to them as birth marks. Other than these marks the car seems to be flawless (I say seems to be because after we picked it up I then had to drive back to my out of town job). That being said, I kind of like the name Bruiser for the car. Needless to say we will have the dealer get these "birth marks" removed. It doesn't prevent us from driving it and enjoying it now though. On the way home I took a back road that has a long straight stretch on it and with very little use of the gas pedal I had it up to 95mph and it still rode very smooth and did not even get over 2500rpm. This car is awesome and it only takes a little time behind the wheel to really fall in love with it. If you're in a bad mood, a drive in this car can snap you right out of it and make the days stresses melt away. Just driving this car is like being on vacation. Once again sorry for the delay in reporting on our new arrival. Just think how hard it was for me to go back out of town knowing I had a new Tbird at home that needed driving.

------------------
Courage - and shuffle the cards

This page contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

First off, congratulations. Great report of your first ride...haven't yet had ours over 70, but look forward to an out-of-town trip in a couple weeks up to Rt. 66 and Winslow, AZ.

Ours is only 2 weeks in our possession...have only a little over 300 miles on her. I couldn't agree more with your assessment that time behind the wheel melts away the stress.

Almost got sideswiped yesterday on the freeway by a minivan that "wanted a closer look." If I hadn't seen him, I'd have ended up with MORE than a birthmark on the side of her...

Life is good.

TbirdMarty: Congrats .... See you at the Great Georgia Rally!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Now all we need if got Joel to get his.
smile.gif

TbirdMarty,
Was your wife surprised????

Congrats.... and enjoy your new ride ....see you in three weeks...hopefully with another new Blue Bird only a couple of days old.
WE need to get flybird to get hers. Any new news, flybird???????
------------------
blue/blue/full blue/premium on order: VIN #16050

-

Congratulations. I hope you enjoy your new Thunderbird as much as I have mine.....and that's a lot!!!

joelga;

Yes Tam was surprised but like I said, I am in the dog house big time for keeping her in the dark. Seems she found out that almost every one else in the universe knew about the car except her. I may eventually get forgiven. She also kinda likes the name Bruiser for the Bird so that may stick. I haven't heard a word from flybird about her car but I have been out of touch all this week. One word of caution when you get your car. Look over it very carefully. The "birth marks" on ours were not noticeable at first. Tam noticed them when we got home and when we pointed it out to our salesman he found two other spots that we missed. We will probably not have them fixed before the Rally so every one can see what they look like. Also thanks to David and Tim and every one else for the congrats ya'll sent. Those of you who have your Birds know what a thrill it is to finally be able to drive this machine. I can't wait till the break-in period is over so I can see what Brusier can really do.

------------------

Still NOTHING gang...I think I'm doing pretty well though dealing with the disappointment...Marty, please tell Tam not to be too angry with you...after all, she could be in my position!! At least work has been so crazy that it's been keeping my mind off of the car (sort-of)...haven't called my dealer in a week, so I'll check the 800 status, and give him a call on Monday...

Even though I'll be "slumming" it with my '89 for the road rally, I'm looking forward to seeing all of you again!
biggrin.gif

------------------
White/White premium; full red accent interior; no VIN yet

Thanks you guys. Flybrd and Birdman93 I wouldn't call it slumming. Your birds were the basis for many a NASCAR victory. Also, the way I look at it the 02' Bird is just a natural evolution of all those great Birds of the past. I have a 66' Bird I'm restoring now and some people might look down their noses at it or just not understand how I feel about good ole' American Iron. Just drive em' and enjoy em'.

------------------

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back