2005 Engine Coolant Temperature Light

Marianne
Last seen
Thunderbird Year
Hi fellow Bird Owners,

I have a 2005 Thunderbird with 55K miles.
Was driving home tonight and had the brights on. Stopped for 5 minutes to get gas, quick stop. When I started driving after getting gas, I noticed the Engine Coolant Temperature light was on.

I was driving at the time and wasn’t sure what it was so I turned off the brights and immediately the Engine Coolant Temperature Light went off.

I drove home with no problem, about 10 miles. The Engine Coolant Temperature Gauge looked ok, middle between C and H. It never moved from the middle.

I have to drive to a dinner tomorrow night. It’s about 15 miles each way.
Will I be ok?

Any ideas? Why did it come on and then go off? Should I get it checked before I drive it? Is this serious?

Any advice would be very appreciated. Thank you

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

I have to drive to a dinner tomorrow night. It’s about 15 miles each way.
Will I be ok?

Any ideas? Why did it come on and then go off? Should I get it checked before I drive it? Is this serious?
Nobody on the internet is going to be able to answer this question with any level of certainty.

I own an older Jeep and I keep an eye on the coolant temperature on occasion using this method- https://forums.fordthunderbirdforum...t-temperature-gauge-readings-via-obdii.12065/

Hi, I have a 2005 also, my car did the same thing, and I ended up changing the eng. coolant control valve {eccv} First check your coolant level ,it might be as simple as that
Wish I saw this sooner. But the shop did a pressure test with UV dye and found leaks in the radiator hoses. $1150. for the tests and repairs. If I continue to have problems, I will remember your advice. Thanks

Back