Average age of Tbird owners

Status
Not open for further replies.
58 year old male; married to 57 yr old wife. She doesn't understand my passion but puts up with it. I think Ford made a mistake with there demographics. Seems to be an older group(age wise,not emotionally) than what they had said.

Both of the boys have moved out and are on their own. Two grandsons (3 months and two years). They can fight over my baby when they are old enough.

Tony- GT40? Where will you be able to drive it? How long do expect to keep your drivers license?

I’m 56 years young and the better half is 52. It seems that anytime someone asks me how old I am I have to subtract the year I was born from the current year to remember. I guess I stopped remembering my age when I hit 40.

It always amazes me how much older I look in the mirror each morning compared to how old I feel in my mind! The real shock is when I am foolish enough to try and play some basketball with my younger brother-in-laws. The mind tells my body to do one thing and the body tells the mind to take a hike. At least I can still beat them at golf.
cool.gif

I'm 54, widower. Was just a boy when the '55 was introduced, but loved the car.
Years later, I'm able to own one. Will keep my Black Bird for 20 years and then give it to my son.

------------------
Triple Black
Premium

Oh, I'll be driving the GT-40 fairly sanely most of the time-but will love being able to pull up alongside a Vette or a Viper once in a while, blipping the throttle, and then mashing it when the light turns green!

Most of you probably know by know that I work weekends as a patrol officer for a local county-we use a Thunderbird for a pursuit car-some of the boys have already mentioned rumours about turning the 40 into the ultimate highway pursuit car-my response was that they had better get the thought of a GT-40 pursuit vehicle out of their minds-lay a hand on my baby and they'll pull back a stump!

LOL

------------------
**********, **************************

My wife & I celebrate our birthdays in April. She will be 54, I will be 55. We were on our dealers list for over three years before we "officially" ordered our red/red/red premium in January, '01. As soon as Ford hinted that the TBird might return as a two seater in late '97, we told our dealer to put us first on the list. When he replied "what list?", I gave him the folder I had prepared with the sheet of paper inside titled Prospective Thunderbird Customers. We took delivery 9/28/01. It took me 45 years to be able to purchase a new two seat Tbird (I was only 10 in 1957 when they were last produced), and it was worth the wait. Ours is barely broken in (800 miles) because medical issues with my wife have precluded us grom doing much travelling. But we hope to make up for this beginning very soon.

Skip

Originally posted by icrovop:
I am 34. This is not my first 2 seat convertible, but hopefully it is my last. I don't plan on parting with this car anytime soon,

I wish I had a nickel everytime I heard this when I was in the car business. :)

30 here. Geez, from the look of he average age here I hope people who se me drive by don't start to assume I'm older than I really am.

42 here. Odd thing, I bought my 02 T-Bird last Saturday. Have not been able to find one on the Ford lot. Found 3 on a local pontiac GMC dealer lot. Man I love this car.

Originally posted by waitingpatientlynomore:
30 here. Geez, from the look of he average age here I hope people who se me drive by don't start to assume I'm older than I really am.

No, they'll just think you're driving your parents' car!!

I'm 51 and my wife's 48...have pictures of the old two-seaters all over my office...used to belong to the Fabulous Fifties Ford club here in Phoenix...had a restored 57 Ford Custom 300 (272 V8, skirts, chrome dual exhausts, yadda, yadda, yadda)...she was sweet, but all I ever wanted was a lil' 2-seat T/Bird. Maybe one day I'll buy an older one, but this will do (pick her up Friday, 3/29)
(B/B Prem Full Accent)

-

wp,

They will think that you are driving your parent's car. Think of it this way, in 50 years you might still be driving your TBird while the rest of us are dead and buried....
wink.gif

Pattie - didn't mean to repeat what you said. I responded before reading all of the posts.

-

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back