Average age of Tbird owners

Status
Not open for further replies.
My wife and I are both 68. We're both fit. (I run 4 miles and lift weights 5 days a week) We're retired, I have a consulting buisness and work when I want. I sold the company I owned 4 years ago.

We've never done anything like the TBird before. I wanted a 57 but was too tight to buy one. When the 02 was introduced we both agreed it was time!!!!!

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

By the looks of these replies, the age limit is all over the place. What a great group. I'm 65 and waiting for the replacement for my '56 Bird - and I deserve it.

glad to see afew our age,
We play golf a lot, and just got some new bags that really fit t-bird great. even leaves room for carry-bags,etc. will take pictures as soon as i can andpost or send to someone who knows how to..ha ha.
Gene & Karen

glad to see afew our age,
We play golf a lot, and just got some new bags that really fit t-bird great. even leaves room for carry-bags,etc. will take pictures as soon as i can andpost or send to someone who knows how to..ha ha.
Gene & Karen

I'm 53 and my CEO is 53. The car was going to be her daily driver until I got real lucky and got one of the NMBirds.
Just like the first TBirds we need a seat or two for the Grandkids.

I'm 46 (born in '55 - wink, wink) and my honey is 45. She isn't much of a car person, but takes it out for errands quite often. She loves the attention (so do I)!

------------------
Blue/Blue Premium w/ Full Accent '02 - VIN #1FAHP60A02Y111538 - GOT IT AND LOVE IT!

Yellow '76

I'm a 33 year-old single female...been driving a bird since a senior in college at age 20...Dad had a 57, now has a 65 white convertible in need of minor restoration...it would look really cool next to my white '02 when it finally comes...

------------------
White/White premium; full red accent interior; no VIN yet

I was 53 am now 19 since the Bird came in and the wife is a little older but younger too now. Always wanted a 57 and now I have a newer version of one.

------------------
02 T-Bird 9293
69 Vette
73 MGB
97 F-150 4x4
2-Seadoo Jet Skies
a dog a cat and a couple hundred fish in my pond

My wife and I are both 57, retired and T-Bird lovers. We never got one of the early 2-seaters, but we have a 59 diamond blue hardtop, a 79 red Town Landau and her driver is a pacific green 96 LX. All but the 59 were purchased new from the same dealer where we got our 02. We also had a colonial white 59 convertible which we sold last spring to help us get the 02 and to make garage space for it.
Wow! I just went back and read the demographics post. I'd hate to tell you how far we missed that salary range. We made about half that when we were working!

------------------
Yellow premium, full accent 4127

-

I am 51 and my bride of 30 years is 50. I am semi-retired, whatever that means.

This car gives me something to do, I clean it constantly. My wife doesn't get it that you can't drive these cars around dirty.

Mark

I'm 58 and was stopped in the supermarket yesterday by an early 20's guy who said "Sir, your car is really nice."

I thanked him.

He said, "No....Sir, your car is really, REALLY. nice."

Pattie, you sure struck a nerve with this post.....

It's time for me to weigh-in. I will turn 62 next Saturday, got four great kids and 6 wonderful grandchildren.

I've been waiting for my Tbird since I first saw it on the carousel at the Ford Rotunda in Dearborn in 1955. I was 15 at the time, completely car crazy and about to get my NY drivers license. With school, career, marriage and four kids in my future, the Tbird had no chance.

I first learned of Ford's plan to reintroduce the Thunderbird in 1998, I knew I had to have that car. I found a way to get to the International Auto Show in Detroit in January 1999 where I saw another Thunderbird on a carousel, yellow this time --- love at second sight. When I returned home I put my name on the waiting list at a local SC dealer. Three years later the time has finally come. My car was built on March 8th but hasn't arrived at my dealer yet......can't wait.

When you get all the data I hope it will appear on the Yahoo site.

(p.s. I was born and raised on Long Island, where are you from?)

------------------
Charlie
Blue/Blue Premium w/full accent
Built but not delivered
VIN 12778

At a 50 year anniversary party last night, I was talking with a retired Fire Chief. His 81 year old mother wants a new car.
She lives in Connecticut, will be going to a Ford dealer this week.
Her son , the Chief, talked her out of a 96 Jag convertible and is OK with a new TBird, 2002 or 2003.
She will then be one of our older owners drivers, bless her!

------------------
'56 Fiesta Red Bird
'02 Neiman Marcus Bird
Can't find a better way to Fly!

Had to reply and keep the average here going.
I am semi-retired single 63 and first saw a
real car Nov. 99 at the phoenix auto show.
Had already joined the waiting list then.
Received my red/red premium 1-4-02.
Love it and probably will never sell the car.
I first saw a 57 T-bird bronze bird late in
56 on the showroom floor of Paul Weidman
Ford in Plymouth, Michigan.
Have been in an affair with little birds
since then, now restore them and have owned
many many.
ronbon

This discussion makes me feel old [not in age] but because I recalled a similar thread and went back through the topic list hunting for it. Turns out there was one called Customer Profiles, but it was started on the original BON forum back in August! Made me wonder if a little regrouping might make this site easier to navigate - but that's a different topic.

Anyway, turning back the calendar to my pre-Tbird days...
In some ways I fit the demographic to a "T" - male, just turned 50, upper middle income, looking for a reward car - but in other ways I'm probably very atypical.
Although I grew up in Detroit surrounded by auto enthusiasts and worked for Ford a couple years, I never really got that excited about new car designs. The last car I purchased was a new '78 Firebird and it's the only one I've owned since.

Three years ago I decided I preferred the train for commuting and since there is a nearby rental agency for the few times I need to drive, I garaged the Firebird and there it still sits. About a year ago I decided to start looking for that reward car. I had a pretty good idea what I wanted - a comfortable cruiser with classic roadster styling. The Miata had the looks but not the comfort. Other makes were great to drive, but as the Forbes article put it so well had that neutered-by-wind-tunnel sport tourer look. I despaired ever finding my car.

The first picture I saw of the Thunderbird made me do a double-take. It so perfectly fit the image of my ideal, I couldn't believe it was real. And so began the long journey of shopping for a dealer, getting a fair price, getting a test drive, enduring the delays, and on it goes...
p.s. The Firebird has since returned to the road and become my daily driver. Runs great!

A young 42 here-the wife will turn the dreaded corner (to her) of 40 on March 29.

Been a Ford man all of my life-and nothing will change that-I'm number 5 on the list for one of the GT-40s, and the wife still hasn't found out about her BDay present-a 2003 SVT Cobra Convertible in Sonic Blue.

Can't wait to meet all of the folks here who have signed up for Thunder on 66-and I still have spots open for those who want to go with us!!

------------------
**********, **************************

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back