Average age of Tbird owners

Status
Not open for further replies.
both wife and I are 55, and been empty nesters for a a little over a year. Life is great, and when we get visits from the kids, even nicer. Can't wait till tax season is over and the sun comes out for good, so we can enjoy the car more togethor.

------------------
Blue/Blue Prem. w/full accent
In my Garage as of 1/25 #6333 LIC: BLU TB

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

NMjeff, we need youngsters like you to average out the likes of us: I'm pushing 56 & hubby is pushing 59. we've been empty nesters for 11 years & love 2 seat vehicles - have 3 4-seaters & soon to be 5 2-seaters.

Originally posted by NMJeff:
I'm 29 and single.
Damned Kids! How the heck they do that?
Good for you, Jeff. When I was your age and had 2 little kids- every 2 years I would buy a new VW Bug-$2000 out the door. (and no, bread was not still a nickel a loaf).
I "thought" i could afford a new T Bird in 1963, so I bought it. Only took 6 months to figure out I couldn't afford it.
I am now 58, retired with no kids at home.
Life is good, and this yellow 02 Bird just makes it even better.

I'm 54 my wife is 42. My second marriage. Two kids married third getting married a week from today.
5 grand kids. And I'm retiring on April 15th.
Hope to get my Triple black T-Bird in July.

A lot of variables in that equation. If you find one on the lot, not long. If you order one, if one can be found to order, several months. If you want a '03 several months more.

I'm half way between being 53 & 54. I fell in love with the car back in 1999 when I first saw a photo of the concept model. I ordered mine while single, but now I have a new bride that just hit the 1/2 century mark. Both of us are empty nesters (unless you count the cat and all of the birds that we feed outside).

I'm afraid I'm going to bias the average toward the high end! Gonna be 62 next month. Divorced for many years. Enjoy sailing in Tampa Bay and boating in Crystal River. Most of all I enjoy dreaming and thinking about my '03 red/red TBird.

Pattie, I say take mom to a dealer that has a Bird or take up Erict's offer. She is young yet my mom gave up driving when she was ready at 82. If she loves it that much go for it and do the leg work. Also alot of people on this board have the info and will direct you in the right direction. I'm 55 and just retired, and now going to drive another dream of mine. It also depends what kind of shape mom is in, because I know, there are 85 year olds riding motorcycles.
Good luck and good hunting good daughter....

I'm 61 with wife not too far behind. Retired in 2001 her in 1999. If I give everyone I promised a ride , I should 5000 miles on her within the first month. Still waiting for Blue/Blue/Partial/Deluxe. I'm hoping in about six weeks (just in time for an Ohio spring)

Bob

I can't resist getting on this thread again. This time I'll tell you I'm 76 and my wife of 55 years is 77. I should change my user name on this forum to GRAMPS instead of hobobob. All my grandkids call me that and most of you are young enough to be my grandkids. We may be the oldest ones to have a new 2002 Thunderbird but believe me, we drive it. For the last 18 years we have been driving the classic Birds all around the country. Two years ago we drove our 55 Chev htpe from Washington State to Florida and back. You can't go much farther than that in the good old U.S.A. It was July and thank goodness I put air in it before we left. So all you young-uns out there, look what you have to look forward to! Just stay healthy and enjoy each day. Hobobob

Hobobob,

Great going. I can't quite beat you as the oldest owner, but... My handle comes from the license plate, BotNew, on my 56 Tbird, which I did buy new. I can' t quite remember, but I think I was 4 when I bought it and drove it out of the dealership. I was driving it, top off, when I had my first date with my wife. The 56' Bird and my wife are still with me and looking great.

Pattie, As a former funeral director and age 55 I say go for it. I have never seen a u haul behind a hearse yet. My mom loves the car and she is 83 going on 55.

I think that the average age on this board is probably skewed lower than the average age for new bird owners. The younger folks are more likely to be online and on here. Also, I bet that more of the younger set use their bird as a daily driver (I do.)

For the record I am 42,wife is 45, have one grandson and am still trying to convince the last kid that she should leave the nest (did I really say that). Yeah, she needs to.

#9429 blue
Austin, Texas

This is always an interesting topic. I still
find it interesting the reaction that the
younger people (late 30 and 40's) have in
the car. I got my license in the early 70's
and don't remember the Thunderbird. I was
into Vettes, Firebirds and Mustangs. Luxury
cars like Eldorados and Marks were for
the folks. I think this is where the Bird
fell class wise.

Mother's interest is from her high school
days and the 2 seaters. I remember the
day she said "I want a Thunderbird". My
thought was they still make one, she
informed me about the new model coming out.

Pattie hope your mom does not have
the frustration ones here have experienced
if go for an 03.

Saw and sat in a 55 in dealershowroom in Flint Mi in Aug 54. Had an orgasm and never got the thrill an a dealership again till Jan 99 when the wife went in and made a deposit on the 2002 Bird we now have. Took 48 years to realize my dream. A wife that still loves me enough after 45 years to buy me my dream and she is still young enough to make me take her down the road with the top down. WE are 67 and 66 respectively. White on White with black and over 12,000 miles since November.

My mom is in great shape. She's hip and cool and VERY young for her age. No offense to all of you gentlemen, but I think she's this way because she's been single since 1976. She goes where she wants and does what she wants. She camps, goes on cruises every year and just has a great time with life. But, I know when it comes to this car, she's going to say that she's too old. So, thanks for all of your input. Now I can tell her that that's crazy...you're never too old to have fun!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back