Audiophile Sound System | Ford Thunderbird forum club group 1955-2005 models
  • We're glad you found us via a search engine! Right now, you can join our club absolutely free and unlock member only features like the site search! This notice only appears once! It only takes 30 seconds to register, and we would love to have you as part of the World's largest Thunderbird Forum/Club! Click here to continue

• Click here to remove google ads from the site
  • Click " Like/Thanks" at the bottom of a member's post to reward and thank them for their response! Points are added to their profile.
  • 2002-05 Owners. As of August 2022 there is now an entire suspension kit for sale! Scroll down to the bottom of the first post click here.

• Get rid of swirls and minor paint surface scratches with this Polish & Compounds kit. Click here to read more!.

Audiophile Sound System

• Thread starter Thread starter Sophia
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
I love the sound system in my T-Bird. After owning my 2003 Premium since July 03, I finally decided to read the owner's guide. The different sounds are fantastic. When I set the sound on "stadium" it sounds like the old reverberators that were popular years ago. It sounds great on the oldies stations.
I am interested to know if the rest of you know about this. I tried a search, and didn't find anything.

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

Sophia,
What is your setting preference for the DSP Digital Signal Processor? It’s been months since I’ve seen it but I think mine is set on “HALL”

That radio has other neat features, have you found the RDS (Radio Data System)? It allows your radio to display information like, artist, song title, etc. Unfortunately not many stations broadcast this data.

Another neat, little known, feature of the radio is the self-diagnostic mode. With the radio on, with AM or FM selected, press buttons 3 and 6. It then enters a speaker test where it will display the speaker name (RF, LF, LR, etc) and will simultaneously sound a tone from the corresponding speaker.

If I have the DSP on, I usually have it set on Jazz...that seems to work best for the kind of music I listen to most of the time. Of course, in the warm weather, with the top down, it's all set to "LOUD"! LOL 😀

I keep mine on "stadium" all the time. Last week I must have had a little bit of sinus trouble or an ear problem. When I got in the Bird and the radio came on, my ears were overly sensitive, seemed to be vibrating inside my head, along with the music. Had to turn it off, nearly drove me crazier. Almost painful.

I will have to check out those speakers! I did not know about that feature or the RDS feature either. Wonder what else I am missing.

I used the select shift for the first time a week or so ago. It's great in the snow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back