2004 Newbie finds answers within!

T

TopDownMadness

Click here to upgrade
Last seen
Thunderbird Year
Compliments to the supporters and moderators that make this forum happen! As a newbie, all the questions I had were quickly solved pre-purchase using 'Search'. So, I just pulled the trigger on a '04 Supreme in Merlot red. But... only after plowing through threads covering myths, horror stories, spooky deals, and whatnots. I was pretty crispy visiting the dealer the next morning after a six hour, late-night TB-Forum plunge. The large dealer had taken in the bird the prior day and I found out about it before it went on ad or even ran through the detail shop. I was excited as they quoted a reasonable number. (Imagine that?)

The late night forum read paid off as this car had the color matched hard top and all the goodies 'Supremes' were optioned. I was properly educated here and as a Retro T-bird authority, I was well-armed for negotiation! I made an informed purchase without voodoo, fear, or emotion. Okay, there was a little emotion.

Thinking a bonus would be a 'Newbie' dedicated, FAQ 'Sticky Post' up top? I may try and scribe that once I'm not a newbie? There must be 10 common questions asked by the dreaded newbs and a quick guide may be a plus?

Oh yeah, finding ‘Easter Eggs’ are in our Birds too! One post about the ‘audiophile’ sound system mentions a deep menu diagnostic feature where you can select different speakers by name (LFront) and have it generate a test tone to verify you haven’t blown it blasting Pink Floyd. Great feature and a definite Easter Egg. Here’s another - there’s a remote manual trunk release behind the driver’s door. The very one you need to open the trunk when the batt. is dead and the door key-button won’t fire the release. Post up more secrets and Easter Eggs!

Anyhow, great forum and the posters are a breath of fresh air compared to the cork-sniffing, snobs and judgmental, rude posters common to so many specialty car forums. Nice!

daa949adde1a460db5977d288f7a83bb (1).jpg

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

I can tell you within a month or two of joining here I got an immediate savings of $1,500 on a repair bill
The Ford dealer told me repairing the "evaporator discharge air temp sensor" required a complete dash
removal in my '02 bird. Doing a search on here revealed it was a $28 sensor replaced UNDER the dash and
a 5 minute job.

Back