Ever do a burnout in a 2003?

E
Last seen
Thunderbird Year
I was fueling up my 03 Tbird and the guy next pump over, asked if it could do a burnout?

I replied - I don't know because in the 5 plus years I've owned my Bird - I've never tried it. I told him Ford designed the Tbird to be a boulevard cruiser and not some hot rod performance car.

The guy asking me was probably - 70. He said he had a Corvette at home and the only way he could do a burnout was if he turned off traction control.

I'm in my 60s, never thought about doing a burnout in my Tbird, how about you? Not saying I haven't got on it - I do because I love the sound of it - when you gassed it a little and let off it to "load up" and then gas it again. I know with todays fuel injection todays vehicles don't load up but it sure sounds like they do. LOL

Anyway since the guy asked me - if I ever did a burnout, and I haven't. I'm asking you - have you ever did a burnout in your Tbird? LOL

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

Please include the model year in the subject when posting. Thanks for posting. I edited it for you.

On my '05 you do have to turn off the traction control if you want to burn the tires. It's a switch on the bottom left side of the dash. You can feel it if you reach under there. To answer your question, no I've never turned it off and tried it. When I was a kid I would have fixed it off but I've grown out of that stage of my life. I did pass a truck in Indiana and took it up to 120 mph with no trouble at all. The car is thirteen yrs old and has 38,000 miles and I just replaced the factory tires. Great car, still looks and runs new. My wife got pulled over last week for doing 84mph, she blamed it on the car and the cop let her go!

So has anyone turn off the traction control dose it let the tires brake lose?

abefore I had my bier a coworker at the post office had an 03 he got from his mother I watched hem do a burnout in fron of me but it was short as he got off the gas after about 2 seconds.on the brakes so it never moved just spun the tires.I have not tried it on mine but obiously traction control wuould have to be off (on a slightly icy raod I did test the traction control once, when on it would not break loos then I tried with traction off and i got a quick fishtail when the tires broke loose)

abefore I had my bier a coworker at the post office had an 03 he got from his mother I watched hem do a burnout in fron of me but it was short as he got off the gas after about 2 seconds.on the brakes so it never moved just spun the tires.I have not tried it on mine but obiously traction control wuould have to be off (on a slightly icy raod I did test the traction control once, when on it would not break loos then I tried with traction off and i got a quick fishtail when the tires broke loose)
he was powerbraking though

I was fueling up my 03 Tbird and the guy next pump over, asked if it could do a burnout?

I replied - I don't know because in the 5 plus years I've owned my Bird - I've never tried it. I told him Ford designed the Tbird to be a boulevard cruiser and not some hot rod performance car.

The guy asking me was probably - 70. He said he had a Corvette at home and the only way he could do a burnout was if he turned off traction control.

I'm in my 60s, never thought about doing a burnout in my Tbird, how about you? Not saying I haven't got on it - I do because I love the sound of it - when you gassed it a little and let off it to "load up" and then gas it again. I know with todays fuel injection todays vehicles don't load up but it sure sounds like they do. LOL

Anyway since the guy asked me - if I ever did a burnout, and I haven't. I'm asking you - have you ever did a burnout in your Tbird? LOL
Yes, turn the traction control off, on a back straight country road, with borlas exhaust will light up both rear tires.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back