Anyone Familiar With P2195 OBD Codes? (2003) | Ford Thunderbird forum club group 1955-2005 models
  • We're glad you found us via a search engine! Right now, you can join our club absolutely free and unlock member only features like the site search! This notice only appears once! It only takes 30 seconds to register, and we would love to have you as part of the World's largest Thunderbird Forum/Club! Click here to continue

• Click here to remove google ads from the site
  • Click " Like/Thanks" at the bottom of a member's post to reward and thank them for their response! Points are added to their profile.
  • 2002-05 Owners. As of August 2022 there is now an entire suspension kit for sale! Scroll down to the bottom of the first post click here.

• Get rid of swirls and minor paint surface scratches with this Polish & Compounds kit. Click here to read more!.

Anyone Familiar With P2195 OBD Codes? (2003)

• Thread starter Thread starter Tuckers Baby
  • Start date Start date
Tuckers Baby

Tuckers Baby

Reaction score
Thunderbird Year
After a weeklong absence from my garage and a hefty repair bill I was hoping this issue had been solved but something is still throwing the same code every 100-175 miles after clearing. Let me get you up to speed:
- First got this issue back in late March, says O2 Sensor 1 Bank 1 running lean
- Get it replaced under warranty, issue comes back a few days later in April
- Go back and leave car overnight for testing, turns out my intake gaskets are old
- They replace those as well as my throttle body (had a small crack I believe) and decarbonize the engine and clean my gas tank (they found SAND in there)
- car gets home and throws the same code late last month about 175 miles after getting fixed

Since then I’ve left it on for the most part, clearing it last Thursday to see if my new exhaust would change anything. I’m off this weekend so I’ll look into a local mechanic for some advice but figured I’d ask you guys as well. The car runs fantastic ever since I got it back from the dealership and no longer sounds like a jet turbine when idle, and my new Borla puts out a nice bassy rumble every time I push in on the accelerator.44FAC6CE-DF45-456A-8285-5A362C0F9E16.jpeg8A6C085D-DDFF-44C5-AF94-2808E55440A9.jpegD3D4BC23-31D3-4E18-8F8C-6D98C5A21983.jpeg

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

P2195 Ford
Featured snippet from the web
The P2195 code is a result of the engine control module (ECM) indicating that the oxygen sensor is fluctuating outside its optimal range. ... This sensor is nicknamed the air/fuel (A/F) ratio sensor, as it monitors the air-fuel ratio of the exhaust between the engine and the catalytic converter.

I can't help with the techy stuff, but adding Borla system was one of our best mods .. Pure quality deep sound but not too loud that gets better with age

Nice looking car you have there!!

More than likely a cracked hose or leaky intake causing a bad vacuum leak if both banks are lean .... if it is just one bank I would say a defective O2 sensor..... Pull the sensor and test it.
As stated in the OP, the intake manifold gaskets, throttle body, and O2 sensor are all brand new installed only a couple weeks ago at most. When the dealership performed a smoke test to recreate the conditions they ruled out the vacuum lines in favor of the gaskets that shrank when cold. Dealer also said while its throwing the code for bank one, bothe were running lean, so it’s not the sensors.

had similar problem last year got error code for bank one sensor one. replaced it and month later came back used scanner and deleted code it came back a second time removed code this time has not come back yet. If it comes back again think I will do what Anthony suggested and get the fuel trim and run car with scanner on to see what is going on with car running.

Back