anyone add anything extra to the thunderbird? | Ford Thunderbird forum club group 1955-2005 models
  • We're glad you found us via a search engine! Right now, you can join our club absolutely free and unlock member only features like the site search! This notice only appears once! It only takes 30 seconds to register, and we would love to have you as part of the World's largest Thunderbird Forum/Club! Click here to continue

• Click here to remove google ads from the site
  • Click " Like/Thanks" at the bottom of a member's post to reward and thank them for their response! Points are added to their profile.
  • 2002-05 Owners. As of August 2022 there is now an entire suspension kit for sale! Scroll down to the bottom of the first post click here.

• Get rid of swirls and minor paint surface scratches with this Polish & Compounds kit. Click here to read more!.

anyone add anything extra to the thunderbird?

• Thread starter Thread starter oodis
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

If you decide to get a super chip, be very careful! I had one on my 2001 6 cylinder automatic mustang convertable and decided to take it off. At first I liked it. It seemed to shift sooner and without any hesitation. But in a couple weeks, it would occasionally wind out way too far before shifting. Eventually it made it so that I couldn't start my car. It was definately the chip, we tried several other things first--unhooking the battery for 45 minutes so the computer could reset, ect. I don't know if it was the person who programmed it or what. (It was a reputable dealer.)

My son had one put on his 35th anniversary edition automatic mustang convertable and he took his off even before I had to take mine off. He also didn't like it.

I would think twice about it if I were you.

oodis, I want to put the borla system on my bird. who did you buy yours from and at what cost. I have the k&n filter but don`t think I will go the with a chip. I also have a 93 Typhoon, there were chips out for them as well that were a lot of trouble.

Originally posted by Tbird eh
oodis, I want to put the borla system on my bird. who did you buy yours from and at what cost. I have the k&n filter but don`t think I will go the with a chip. I also have a 93 Typhoon, there were chips out for them as well that were a lot of trouble.

I bought everything from RPM motorsports in Allston, MA.
$900 for the borla
$50 for K&N
$525 for high intensity discharge lamp kit (xenon light with xenon fog lights)
$15 PIAA W2 Wedge Bulb

the installation parts costed me $74.50 and then the labor to fix on everything costs $150 from the same place.
I would recommend the xenon kit to people. you guys should see it to get satisfied 🙂

I guess you guys are right. I heard some negative remarks of the superchip but i thought it would be 2 or 3 cases only. I guess I will settle for a supercharger or just wait till ford releases theres.
The exhaust adds between 10-15hp if that helps

Originally posted by oodis
I bought everything from RPM motorsports in Allston, MA.
$900 for the borla
$50 for K&N
$525 for high intensity discharge lamp kit (xenon light with xenon fog lights)
$15 PIAA W2 Wedge Bulb

the installation parts costed me $74.50 and then the labor to fix on everything costs $150 from the same place.
I would recommend the xenon kit to people. you guys should see it to get satisfied 🙂

I guess you guys are right. I heard some negative remarks of the superchip but i thought it would be 2 or 3 cases only. I guess I will settle for a supercharger or just wait till ford releases theres.
The exhaust adds between 10-15hp if that helps

OODIS,

I'd like more info on the HID (xenon lights). Did you install the kit yourself? Do you have a website or phone number for the outfit that you boughjt the kit from?

Thanks

Originally posted by tbird2003
OODIS,

I'd like more info on the HID (xenon lights). Did you install the kit yourself? Do you have a website or phone number for the outfit that you boughjt the kit from?

Thanks

I am sorry T-bird I can't help you out with the details or what the lamp kit system is cause i never even saw the box. i just asked the place to get them and install it. But I got everything from a place in Allston, MA called RPM Motorsports. Their number is (617) 787-3788. If you call, it will say you have reached 617 motorsports but the name has now been changed to RPM. If you give them a call, speak to jeffrey and ask him what the High intensity discharge lamp kit is called for the t-bird that he installed on Daij's car. I would get pics of the car at night but i guess you wont be able to see it to believe its good. Honestly, it is as good as the mercedes/BMW litronic lights. The fog lights on the t-bird are xenon too. If you were in the MA area, i would be glad to show you how it looks like at night. I will try getting pics tomorrow just to see how they would turn out. the rear looks better now with the bigger pipes too.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back