Another yellow in my small town.... | Ford Thunderbird forum club group 1955-2005 models
  • We're glad you found us via a search engine! Right now, you can join our club absolutely free and unlock member only features like the site search! This notice only appears once! It only takes 30 seconds to register, and we would love to have you as part of the World's largest Thunderbird Forum/Club! Click here to continue

• Click here to remove google ads from the site
  • Click " Like/Thanks" at the bottom of a member's post to reward and thank them for their response! Points are added to their profile.
  • 2002-05 Owners. As of August 2022 there is now an entire suspension kit for sale! Scroll down to the bottom of the first post click here.

• Get rid of swirls and minor paint surface scratches with this Polish & Compounds kit. Click here to read more!.

Another yellow in my small town....

• Thread starter Thread starter NuttyGambler
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
N

NuttyGambler

UPDATE EMAIL ADDRESS
On Monday I pulled into the Ford dealer to see if they had the oil filter for the bird in stock and to sched a change.

(Monday was the first day I went topless too. Tax day, in your face IRS)

Anyways, what to my dismay to find another yellow Tbird parked in the service area. Find out that some one in our small town. Rural area got one from Georgia. (MN here). I was besides myself. My wife can not understand why it bothers me, but it really does.

Another color no big deal, but the only other one I've ever seen "on the road" and it is the same color and in my town.

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

I can definitely relate! I had mine for two months without seeing another on the road. Then last week, I saw a black and a yellow (mine is red) that was cool...then the following day I saw a RED one driving by...I FELT SO UN-SPECIAL! My darling daughter just said they had seen ours and wanted to be like us.
smile.gif

It happened to me, too. I went to a concert here in Texarkana and parked right next to a blue bird like mine--except,curiously, without the driving lights. The local dealer only got five cars, three black,a red and my blue. I don't know where the other blue one came from, but I guess this small town will have to be big enough for the two of us. There's a white "imported" Tbird in town as well, maybe two of them. There have also been some yellow sightings. I think the red car may have been sold to an out-of-towner.

-

Gambler, Now you know how a woman feels when she goes to a party and sees another woman wearing the same dress.

I saw another black T-bird coming towards me the other evening on my way home from work with a woman talking on her cell phone and frantically waving at me...don't know how she was steering
smile.gif
Didn't bother me that she copied my color choice (hehe), I thought it was kinda cool.

------------------
Premium Black w/Red partial
VIN - 1FAHP60AX2Y113877
Delivered 3/29/02

Just gonna ignore them. Maybe the issue will go away.
smile.gif

The worst part will be when all the other folks start commenting on it.

OH well, not much one can do. Do find it funny when people call dealers with 5 small town dealers, I'm talking every 40 to 100 miles between dealers who only got one, and MANY of these cars went to other states.

Same problem...different car.I bought one of only 7500 Dream Cruisers..#0691 to be marketed between Canada and the U.S. The biggest difference is the "in your face" color as well as a factory custom interior.Already in our relatively small town,I have seen two others.The dealer got a second one this week.And I saw a woman dtiving by the dealer in one.Oh well....7500 is still a small number.

InfernoRed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back