2003 The Little Red Roadster That Could Is All Mine

Tuckers Baby

Tuckers Baby

Last seen
Thunderbird Year
Well guys, I did it! I’m now very likely one of if not the youngest owner of an 11th gen T-bird, and I couldn’t be happier about it. 01039D8E-FB7B-4396-9F1E-4E4237348809.jpeg
It was an uphill battle both ways to get everything finalized with the credit union but after a month of research, test drives, and negotiating she’s mine.A53A66D9-A95C-4B83-9432-8499B6BA8ECB.jpeg
There’s one hurdle left now though. I may be an early 20-somethings with the baddest car on the block now, but I’m still waiting on a new title to be sent in due to a mishap on the seller’s end when signing it over on Wednesday. But that’s only a matter of time and $12 for some new plates because Texas law. 457C9E8C-BAAC-4CF6-B0C2-44EFE0943159.jpeg
Regardless, final price was $15,000 for an 18-year-old car that doesn’t look older than six months, with the only damning feature being the 29,000 miles on it.
5F7B4E5D-9F21-48C7-AB16-1B4E10543D6D.jpeg
To wrap it all up here’s some poorly lit photos of the interior as well. Sorry, it was already in the garage at the time and I had the car cover over everything but the door as well.
0E1B0A6F-1FCC-4509-88C0-8204789417F4.jpeg

It’s a beaut. Congrats!!
I fell for theT-bird the summer before I started kindergarten, 1959.
I bought mine (2005) from dealer showroom floor new, and love it.
I hope you enjoy your ride as much as me and my wife.

What year is the car?
modelyear.jpg

Well guys, I did it! I’m now very likely one of if not the youngest owner of an 11th gen T-bird, and I couldn’t be happier about it. View attachment 9992
It was an uphill battle both ways to get everything finalized with the credit union but after a month of research, test drives, and negotiating she’s mine.View attachment 9993
There’s one hurdle left now though. I may be an early 20-somethings with the baddest car on the block now, but I’m still waiting on a new title to be sent in due to a mishap on the seller’s end when signing it over on Wednesday. But that’s only a matter of time and $12 for some new plates because Texas law. View attachment 9994
Regardless, final price was $15,000 for an 18-year-old car that doesn’t look older than six months, with the only damning feature being the 29,000 miles on it.
View attachment 9995
To wrap it all up here’s some poorly lit photos of the interior as well. Sorry, it was already in the garage at the time and I had the car cover over everything but the door as well.
View attachment 9996
Congratulations! I'm glade to see a younger persons buying a really cool and fun car, I say if you take care of it and hang on to it long enough it could be worth a lot more than what you paid. BTW what Year is it?

Looking good! Welcome to the club, now clean out that garage before something falls on your new baby!

WOW !!!
She's a Beauty!!!

I have a red Tbird but the interior on yours is way cooler!

My interior is all black, no red.

But man, I love my Tbird and You Will Too!

Many happy times to you!

What color is your soft top?
I believe it’s black, the soft top has been used maybe 2-3 times in its near 20 year lifetime and is mint condition. So until I get some hardtop tape to buffer applying it again, I’ll leave the red top on. I prefer the porthole anyway tbh.

Well guys, I did it! I’m now very likely one of if not the youngest owner of an 11th gen T-bird, and I couldn’t be happier about it. View attachment 9992
It was an uphill battle both ways to get everything finalized with the credit union but after a month of research, test drives, and negotiating she’s mine.View attachment 9993
There’s one hurdle left now though. I may be an early 20-somethings with the baddest car on the block now, but I’m still waiting on a new title to be sent in due to a mishap on the seller’s end when signing it over on Wednesday. But that’s only a matter of time and $12 for some new plates because Texas law. View attachment 9994
View attachment 9995
View attachment 9996
Congratulations! I'm glade to see a younger persons buying a really cool and fun car, I say if you take care of it and hang on to it long enough it could be worth a lot more than what you paid. BTW what Year is it?
2003 Premium. I even got the original window sticker from the dealership 705A2503-67C5-4378-8C1A-685BA1FEA1E9.jpeg

You got a terrific price for that car! And it is in Perfect Condition.

I paid $18,000. for my 2005 Tbird with 34K miles. It is the Anniversary Edition but has a few small dinks on the body, plus a dirty ragtop, which I must give attention to.

But it is gorgeous, even so!

Every time I drive my Tbird, I get compliments.

I have a black 2002 with black interior. -Wish I had that red interior -Could you even get a black car with a red interior?? Anyone??

View attachment 9995
View attachment 9996
I would say you got a great deal and you will not regret it. I love my 2005 Silver one and it is close to 100,000 miles now.

View attachment 9995
View attachment 9996
She's beautiful and I'm sure you will enjoy.. I have a 2002 Torch Red with same deluxe interior.. FYI, The color is the same used on the original Tbird's..

Congratulations!
Ben Odom

Attachments

• Screenshot_20191109-134637_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20191109-134637_Chrome.jpg
    524.6 KB · Views: 1
I have the red exterior and all black interior on my 2002.. I like my all block interior with the red exterior.. I am still toying with the idea of finding either a white or a black hard top to replace my red hardtop .. I
always thought the white hard top would look great for the two months that the Bird is on the road with a hard top on here in NY.. April and October.

Wish you all the luck with your 2003.. it’s a significant other magnet... Yupper couldn‘t resist..

View attachment 9995
View attachment 9996
Congrats! I love my 05 Torch Red Premunm
Bird!
It’s a head turner for you to show your young friends!
My sons are in their late 30’s and they love my TBird especially the porthole window and the two tone interior! My youngest I gave my 73 Super beetle to and he’s enjoying that!

Enjoy!

I believe it’s black, the soft top has been used maybe 2-3 times in its near 20 year lifetime and is mint condition. So until I get some hardtop tape to buffer applying it again, I’ll leave the red top on. I prefer the porthole anyway tbh.
Congrats. you'll love it!
I take the hardtop off every spring, put it back on in the fall, but I agree with you, love the way the hardtop looks. That said, way more fun driving it with the top down!
It's a VERY fun car to drive, always gets comments whenever I'm out in it, people love these cars. There's a few mods you can add, like a cold air intake, etc, that both make it sound better, and give it a little horsepower boost
Have fun, fun, fun

I have a black 2002 with black interior. -Wish I had that red interior -Could you even get a black car with a red interior?? Anyone??
I’ve see white with a full red accent package and one of the original 1998/99 concept cars was black with a full red leather interior.

I have 2003 Red that I bought new in October 2003 They did not have any Thunderbird brochures at the time but was able to get the 2005 50 Anniversary brochure the next year.

Attachments

• Tbird window sticker.pdf
    661.6 KB · Views: 1
  • T Bird Brochure.pdf
    562.5 KB · Views: 0
Back