2002 2003 2004 2005 Ford Thunderbird Waterproof Car Cover

tbird

Forum Moderator
Staff member
Thunderbird Year
2002-2005 Amazon Purchase link- https://amzn.to/3e7LkJI
Also, several brands listed on eBAY- https://www.ebay.com/sch/?kw=ford+thunderbird+2002-2005+car+cover&campid=5338236430

If you have a 1955-1997 Thunderbird see this thread for a car cover- https://forums.fordthunderbirdforum...ic-vintage-ford-thunderbird-car-covers.12336/

Members- please post a photo of your car cover in the comments below.
Waterproof Custom-Fit Car Cover

• ✅ 100% WATERPROOF & WEATHERPROOF: Works for all four seasons! iCarCover’s car cover is made of high-quality material, it will keep your car safe perfectly from wind, rain, snow, dust, sand, debris, paint, odors, and other damages. No more worries about getting scratches, natural hazards such as water, bird droppings, tree sap, toxic, industrial, and unexpected elements on your valuable cars.
  • ✅ 100% UV RAYS & HEAT PROTECTION: iCarCover’s chemical-free UV protective layer prevents UV rays from damaging your vehicle's exterior, paint, and interior while minimizing the interior temperature of the vehicle so you can feel cooler when you get in the car. Are you afraid of our cover material? No warries, it is a paint-pampering fabric which is non-abrasive, your finish will stay slick and glossy all day.
  • ✅ 100% WINDPROOF & PREVENT THEFT: the cover has three buckles that are between the cover material with straps, it will keep your car safe under windy conditions and it will never affect your car paint. There are two built-in reinforced grommets on each side to keep the cover secure. Moreover, our car cover has elastic hems on the front and rear which hold the cover in place.
  • ✅ 100% GUARANTEED FIT: Unlike others, iCarCover designed the cover with the best fabric material for all drivers who love cars. You don't need to worry about getting damages due to cheap material car cover. Not only does it offers full custom-fit outdoor & indoor car cover but also is extra durable with soft inner lining that will protect your car's paint. The snug fit and generous cut keep the wheels covered and clean.
  • ✅ FREE STORAGE BAG & EXTRA PARTS INCLUDED: For your convenience, two antenna patches, 1 pair of a grommet, and free top quality zipped car cover storage bag are included in the order. 7-YEAR FULL WARRANTY: We stand behind our products and service and always try to give you the best satisfaction.

61bIQBteqtL._AC_SL1154_.jpg61sfe0OsldL._AC_SL1154_.jpg81uCIPLmqtL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

CodiakCB

2004 Premium, Platinum Silver/Light Sand, 1 of 127
Thunderbird Year
Has any members actually tried this cover? What do you think about it?

Please advise!

Thanks Gil

medurham

Thunderbird Year
IMG_0670.JPGIMG_0671.JPG
I guess I am spoiled. My ride before the T-Bird was a Chevy SSR Roadster. It came with a "Custom" car cover which laid flat on the truck and fit everywhere.
I thought I would get the same kind of cover if I got the cover recommended by the forum for my T-Bird. What I got does not look like the picture on Amazon, which fits the car, it was stuffed then compressed not properly folded into a plastic bag that then had the air sucked out of it to minimize shipping, I guess, that has left wrinkles everywhere, and it is about 2 feet longer than the car. While it says custom in the bold print in the AD, and in the Ad it looks like its never been shoved into a bag then compressed, I'm just letting you all know that if these ever were made for the T-Bird, not anymore. This is nothing more than universal fit cover. I going to look for a better cover and if I find one I'll let you know. Otherwise, this does the job but I'd never want to use it anywhere other than my garage.

PPA

Thunderbird Year
View attachment 14290View attachment 14291
I guess I am spoiled. My ride before the T-Bird was a Chevy SSR Roadster. It came with a "Custom" car cover which laid flat on the truck and fit everywhere.
I thought I would get the same kind of cover if I got the cover recommended by the forum for my T-Bird. What I got does not look like the picture on Amazon, which fits the car, it was stuffed then compressed not properly folded into a plastic bag that then had the air sucked out of it to minimize shipping, I guess, that has left wrinkles everywhere, and it is about 2 feet longer than the car. While it says custom in the bold print in the AD, and in the Ad it looks like its never been shoved into a bag then compressed, I'm just letting you all know that if these ever were made for the T-Bird, not anymore. This is nothing more than universal fit cover. I going to look for a better cover and if I find one I'll let you know. Otherwise, this does the job but I'd never want to use it anywhere other than my garage.
[/
I got mine 6 years ago at The Cover Store.com for a 2002 ------Around $120. Fits nicely. Not too snug. Outline of mirrors is exactly right in its fit. Good strong elastic on front and rear to hold it. Not flimsy very satisfied.

PPA

Thunderbird Year
I got mine 6 years ago at The Cover Store.com for a 2002 ------Around $120. Fits nicely. Not too snug. Outline of mirrors is exactly right in its fit. Good strong elastic on front and rear to hold it. Not flimsy very satisfied.

medurham

Thunderbird Year
I sent back the above cover that was way too long. I ended up with another cover which has mirror pockets and is aluminized on the outside because I could not afford even the sale prices for a custom cloth cover. It's on Amazon and it fits the car ok. You get a choice of sizes and chose one that is based on the cars length. Cheaper too. It has straps just ahead the front wheels and just behind the rear wheels you cinch up to secure it to the car so it won't blow off.
See- https://amzn.to/36mt6D4

Last edited by a moderator:

biddle

Forum Moderator
Staff member
Thunderbird Year
I sent back the above cover that was way too long. I ended up with another cover which has mirror pockets and is aluminized on the outside because I could not afford even the sale prices for a custom cloth cover. It's on Amazon and it fits the car ok. You get a choice of sizes and chose one that is based on the cars length. Cheaper too. It has straps just ahead the front wheels and just behind the rear wheels you cinch up to secure it to the car so it won't blow off.
See- https://amzn.to/36mt6D4
Thanks for the feedback! Link added, more user friendly than a screenshot of the product- https://amzn.to/36mt6D4

To clarify, you bought the Fit Sedan (Length 182-191inch) ?

JW in Dixie

Thunderbird Year
Got to move 2004 bird outside and need a cover. Any recommendations? Thx

Thunderbird Year
Here’s where I got my cover. Fits perfectly and has held up well over the years. Ignore the car shown in the photo.

Thunderbird Year
I am the owner of a 2002 Thunderbird and I live in the Southern California desert.
The sun here is brutal beyond belief and I have been unsuccessful in finding an appropriate sunshade windshield cover to protect the interior...
AND I can’t find a high quality car cover either. I want one that protects from sun and rain.
i really need a reliable high quality company.
many advice is greatly appreciated.

medurham

Thunderbird Year
I'm pretty satisfied with this cover. It has mirror pockets and front and rear straps to run across under the back and front to keep it on the car in winds. It folds up enough it will just fit into the front trunk recess as well.

Thunderbird Year
I recently purchased the recommended GUNHYI car cover from Amazon. The 185-193 inch length does fit my 2004. HOWEVER, my car is black and this cover has rough seams inside that ruin the finish when it's put on and taken off. I had to rewax the car after using it twice. I don't recommend anyone with a dark finish car purchase it. Might be fine for lighter colors. I am going to purchase a cover with a softer inside and save myself the waxing hassle.

Thunderbird Year
I recently purchased the recommended GUNHYI car cover from Amazon. The 185-193 inch length does fit my 2004. HOWEVER, my car is black and this cover has rough seams inside that ruin the finish when it's put on and taken off. I had to rewax the car after using it twice. I don't recommend anyone with a dark finish car purchase it. Might be fine for lighter colors. I am going to purchase a cover with a softer inside and save myself the waxing hassle.

My car is yellow (see avatar) but I haven't noticed any scuffing from the Microbead cover linked above.
I'm kind of obsessed with how the light hits this car as well, my eye jumps to either the contour shine . . . or every dirt speck on it.