Will a Jaguar Thermostat Housing work in 2002-2005 Thunderbird?

350xfire
Last seen
Thunderbird Year
Last edited by a moderator:
if you are replacing the thermostat housing might want to look at all plastic under hood like the Y in the radiator house and the radiator plastic housings as well they are all the same age and been thru the same heat cycles. I had to go back in 3 times to get them fixed, not fun first time really not fun 3rd time. And while I was that deep replaced serpentine belt and water pump. In the long run might save you some money, and possible damage to the engine from over heating.

After my thermostat housing exploded on my 2002 this fall, I did this job. The URO aluminum thermostat housing is a perfect fit. Make sure you choose the one with the correct mounting clip for attaching the wiring.. It should be up high on the filler neck. I purchased mine on ebay for $52.00 with a Waxstat thermostat included. The vendor stated it was not for my vehicle. It was advertised for a Jaguar 4.0. It looked identical so I took a shot. Replaced all the hoses and flange as well. All plastic was very soft and ready to cause more problems. The job can be done without removing the intake. I modified an 8mm box wrench to get at the bolts closest to the intake. A little time consuming, but better than having to remove it. Good luck.

After my thermostat housing exploded on my 2002 this fall, I did this job. The URO aluminum thermostat housing is a perfect fit. Make sure you choose the one with the correct mounting clip for attaching the wiring.. It should be up high on the filler neck. I purchased mine on ebay for $52.00 with a Waxstat thermostat included. The vendor stated it was not for my vehicle. It was advertised for a Jaguar 4.0. It looked identical so I took a shot. Replaced all the hoses and flange as well. All plastic was very soft and ready to cause more problems. The job can be done without removing the intake. I modified an 8mm box wrench to get at the bolts closest to the intake. A little time consuming, but better than having to remove it. Good luck.
Do you have an item id or ebay link?

To answer everyones question, the aluminum t stat housing for a Jaguar will fit
a 2002 T Bird. Here are three side by side photos. I got mine here on ebay

t stat housing.JPGt stat housing1.JPGt stat housing2.JPG

Back