Who is going topless?

Status
Not open for further replies.

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

DEWbird - my first car was a 1964 impala ss convert. (navy blue)
biggrin.gif

------------------
neiman vin#00035
delivered October 4, 2001

I missed the hardtop when I first removed it for our February cruise. After a week or two I got pretty used to the car without the top. Temperatures are mild and rain is rare during the summer months in the Bay Area, so I may do like Paula and leave it off until October. I'm wondering though, if bringing the top might be a good option for Thunder on 66. Is driving a convertible through the Southwest in August desirable?

August thru the midwest and southwest is HOT! bet softtop will be up most of the time unless you're really hardy or is that "foodhardy"? We'll do the route with the softtop so it can go up or down as we please.

and air conditioner works in all modes!
smile.gif

-

Top has been off for about six weeks (she's too short to help put it back on). EZTop hoist arrived yesterday. It'll be a while before I can install it, so we'll go topless until then. She likes the hardtop on or the ragtop up. Me, I like the top down. When the hoist is installed, we'll go with the flow and compromise.

TR, took our SVT Cobra convertible on a trip through California, Nevada, Arizona and Utah in August, mostly with the top dropped. Top-down motoring allows for much improved sightseeing. There were occassions, however, (like Death Valley!!!) where top-up was the only way to avoid that well-done feeling.

Couldn't wait any longer; took the top off April 7. It seems to me that I get more comments with the top down then with the hardtop on. Maybe its just easier for people to talk to me with it down. Granted my baby only goes out when the sun shines and it is above 50 degress.

I too am going topless. Only problem is that I don't wear a shirt while I'm mowing the grass. Hopefully before TOO much longer I will also be a topless TBird owner/driver. Until then, the girls will only want me for my body.... LOL
wink.gif

My top has been stored for the last 8 weeks out of 12 weeks that I have had my car. the first four weeks, the top went off for the weekend and then back on for the daily drives to work. After the last freeze in early March the top came off and has remained that way since. I only put the soft top up when I am driving in the rain or parking for long times or in uncomfortable places. I have driven topless to work in 42 degree weather with gloves and a muffler on and recently had to roll up my sleeves when the thermometer hit mid '90s. My wife and I took an 800 mile trip last month driving the whole time with the top down. I still get plenty of stares, pointing, gawking and thumbs up from other people. You don't seem to get that so much with the soft top up though. I love this car.

JimmyFitz #9429
3900 smiles (so far)
Austin, Texas

I took the top off about amonth ago for a few warm days, then put it back on. I plan on going to Houston this Friday, I will take the top off after I get back from Houston. Plan to put the top back on in October.

------------------
Bill's Red and White #4359
Tag # 15AGAIN

I've had the top off for about 6-8 weeks but haven't had the car out of the garage for the last couple due to the oak pollen that is everywhere during this time of the year around here. Didn't think that yellow stuff would look too good imbedded in the black cloth top or all over the interior. Also the trees are sapping this time of the year.

I'll get her out this weekend to stretch her legs if the weather looks good.

I'll probably put the top back on when I take the car back to the dealership to rework a rock chip that the car had when it was delivered. I don't want to take a chance that the cloth top might accidently get any type of contamination in the painting process. Otherwise, it will probably go back on in early November.

Paul

------------------
#3739 Premium
Torch Red w/matching top
Standard Interior

Got mine the first of March and drove about two weeks with the top on exclusively. The itch to take the top off needed a scratch and we took it off - we were surprised at the different look of the car with the top off - still like it lots but the top with the porthole is definitely the focal point of the car that has everybody looking.

Then I had a few weeks of highway driving planned so I put the top back on since I haven't had the chance to take it back to the dealer to get them to look at the bad seal on the drivers side window. In addition, like TbirdTim's situation, there's a lot of pollen in the air here in NC and it makes the black soft top look nasty.

The quiet was nice but now the top is off until probably Thanksgiving time.

Everyone enjoy your rides, this is going to be a great Summer!!!

Had top off since second weekend of April and back on in November, the weather was great that first weekend, I also was in a parade around here in the DC area and made the passenger sit in the seat. I also notice the some gasket wear to the paint when I took top off and hope Ford comes up with a fix by the time I put the top back on.

Have been topless from day one. One word of caution, WATCH OUT FOR SUNBURN. I have been burnt twice while topless. I wonder how well Sunblock and leather seats go together?

------------------
Courage - and shuffle the cards

I've been topless for about a month. I love the freedom to put the top up or down whenever I feel like it, but I do think the car is much cuter with the hard top on. I haven't gotten sunburned yet, but I have a fabulous tan!

I'm always topless since I bought the convertible. The car looks great even without the hardtop and I can drop the lid whenever I feel like it.

------------------
VIN #7729, seq. #7505
partial blue premium, no top

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back