white wall tires on yellow/white t-bird

Status
Not open for further replies.
The cost should be about $75.00 a tire if you use your own tires. Shipping is extra. Bill will also do it on any other 17inch tires and he quoted about $179 per tire for that. Tell him Deb from Harrisburg said hi!

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

02thunderbird,I've been using red valve stem lights from FUSE for about a year.For cruise ins/shows and holidays.

They make a heck of a "neon" ring around your rim at night.Gotta watch it though,some cops have no tolerance for them.They say people can confuse it for an emergency vehicle----now when was the last time you saw a police cruiser/fire truck or ambulance with lights on the tires???????
http://store.*********/fusevsl/index.html

Hopefully that will take anyone to thier site who may be interessted.

The day following the Fourth of July last year,I came out of a local drug store to find a gentleman going over my rims with a fine tooth comb.As I approached him I asked If I could help him.He said "Yes.Where are those cool lights you had on the wheels last night?"I appearently went zipping by his home a few times the night before and got his attention.It turns out he owns a 40's Willy hotrod that he wanted them for as soon as he saw them and the effect they produce on my car.

InfernoRed
smile.gif

I took retrobrd's photo and changed the color of the car to black to see how it looks. Although I like it, it is nowhere near as striking as her yellow/white car. I think the white top on the soft yellow combined with the white tires is perfect. I'm not sure about the black car though. Take a look ... it's under that accessory section of http://photos.groups.*********/group/newtbirddata/lst

I think that whitewalls might also look good on a blue Tbird, even better on a blue Tbird with a white hardtop. Also, on a white Tbird...but I don't think that whitewalls would look good on a black or red Tbird.

Retrobrd - what is the size of the whitewall? And what is the size of the black on both sides, e.g.
1" black (near rim)
3" WW
2" black near edge

Thanks!

jboriott. Using your formula:

0 black to rim as whitewall goes into chrome
2" whitewall
approx. 2" black.

The whitewalls clean beautifully and look perfect. I highly recommend Bill Chapman for his vulcanizing.

Have fun.

------------------

I like the White Walls on the black. Your right, it's not as stricking as the yellow, but I will be doing this to my Bird when it arrives. thanks DavidA you did a great job.

WOW!!! I have a yellow/white car (love the look), and now that there is a yellow/yellow in town, I think I need to do this white wall route as well to make mine more unique.

? Is the wide whitewall right for a 55 to 57 timeframe?

Originally posted by NuttyGambler:

? Is the wide whitewall right for a 55 to 57 timeframe?

YES! one of the options available for all 3 years. You'll see most concours t-birds with wide whites.

------------------
Dot, blu/wht/full blu #18/26 - VIN# countdown: 18-17-16 = the New T-bird

My whitewalls are holding up very well. I've gooned them a couple of times when I failed to parallel park correctly but Bill Chapman taught me how to sand out the dents. The white color goes very deep. They still get lots of positive comments. I'd do it again in a minute. Deb

David, can you do that photo trick with a Thunderbird Blue/blue top car? How about "Vogue Tyres"?Thanks!!!!!!!
Originally posted by DavidA:
I took retrobrd's photo and changed the color of the car to black to see how it looks. Although I like it, it is nowhere near as striking as her yellow/white car. I think the white top on the soft yellow combined with the white tires is perfect. I'm not sure about the black car though. Take a look ... it's under that accessory section of http://photos.groups.*********/group/newtbirddata/lst

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back