white wall tires on yellow/white t-bird

Status
Not open for further replies.
At last I was able to pick up my car on Friday afternoon after the new white wall tires were installed. I'm doing my best to figure out how to post pictures. They are in digital format by my dealer in my e-mail but I haven't yet figured out how to transfer to this forum. Can anyone help? I can't wait to hear your reactions. This car is surely a head-turner. I almost was run off the road within five minutes of picking it up.

------------------

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

Sounds like the same reactions I get with my Boyd Coddington "Coddzilla" rims with custom made(Diamond Back Classic) "Red Line" tires mounted on my certain retro car.These are just like the classic sixties era muscle car tires with the red wall.Tires and wheels can almost make or break an auto's appearance.

InfernoRed

retrobrd,

You can post them on the Yahoo! site when it comes back up, it is down for maintance right now, should be back up later today. Goto the photo section at thenewtbirddata group. Post them in the Accessor... folder.

InfernoRed,

I saw a silver Cruiser just the other day with the Coddzilla wheels (first Coddington's I've seen other than mine - Bitchin Blasters). It also has a body kit on it with a front air dam w/integral driving lights, "euro" style tail light lenses, a small roof mounted wing, lowering kit and rubberband tires. Like has been said, it was a head turner.

-

Retrobird,

That really makes the car look retro! Way cool.

I'd like to see 'em up close and personal -- will be shuffling up to Buffalo in May for Memorial Day....

TTBB

Thank you Bill Norman for your assistance with posting the pictures of my Yellow/white T-bird with white walls. Now that I have finally seen them and believe they are a good product, I will share the source.
Bill, the company is right next door to you in Conway, South Carolina. Bill Chapman is the owner and his family has been in the rubber tire business for 85 years. The name of the company is Diamond Back Classics and Bill's phone number is 888-922-1642. You can contact him at wwtires@sccoast.net.

I sent my original Michelin tires by UPS to Bill and let my car sit on car jacks about a week while Bill did his thing and shipped them back. And, since he puts the white walls on the side of the tire that does not have the lettering, you can turn them around like before for a different look.

The white walls on the tires are vulcanized, so are there forever. I asked Bill to make them as wide as the tire would allow. The dealership liked them so well that they called in two of their other T-bird customers for a "look-see".

Visit Diamond Back Classics on the web at

http://www.widewhitewalltires.com/

Tell Bill "Deb Hughes sent you." I'm sure he'll remember me!

retrobird,

Your car is an absolute knockout. I had no idea how good it would look until I saw the photos, and frankly I was rather skeptical--but WOW! My skepticism has changed to envy.

Way too cool. I can't believe that there really is a way to get a whitewall on a 17" tire..vulcanize-go figure, what ever that means. I will absolutely contact Bill. Thank you Deborah.

I was born during the wide white wall era but did not get my license to drive until 1969 by which time the wide white wall was long gone. So it just doesn't do that much for me. This is one of the things that is so great about this car though. It can have little things added to it that speaks each persons personality such as white walls, additional wingspans in the portholes, existing ones painted turquois, V8 emblems, etc. and the bottom line is it is still one of the most beautiful cars on the road no matter how its owner adds his own identity to it. We are all so lucky to be the original owners of a car destined to become a classic in its own right no matter how we dress it out.

------------------
Yellow/Yellow Prem. 02 Bird w/full accent
1999 F150 Super Cab 4x4 Off Road
1998 Taurus SE Sport 24V

-

RTBRD,
I could not agree more. I'm sure you saw my comments about the 3 items on that car. Ugly, uglier, ugliest.

------------------
Yellow/Yellow Prem. 02 Bird w/full accent
1999 F150 Super Cab 4x4 Off Road
1998 Taurus SE Sport 24V

retrobrd,

Your Bird looks outstanding!!!! I am planning on whitewalling my triple black when it arrives, sometime in July. I'm going to look for a place out here on the West coast, if they don't do vulcanizing out this way, than I'll send them to your guy.

Thanks for the pictures.

I have a yellow/yellow. I gotta tell you that yours with the white tires and white top is AWESOME!
Takes guts and foresight to do that combination, seems you have both. Nice job!

-

-

Looks fabulous!

How much does this cost?

------------------
'56 Bird
'02 NMBird
'98 F250 4X4 Super Cab
'01 Olds Aurora 4.0
'68 AMC AMX 390 GoPack
'73 Volvo 1800 ES

Status