Where is the keyhole to unlock the trunk | Ford Thunderbird forum club group 1955-2005 models
  • We're glad you found us via a search engine! Right now, you can join our club absolutely free and unlock member only features like the site search! This notice only appears once! It only takes 30 seconds to register, and we would love to have you as part of the World's largest Thunderbird Forum/Club! Click here to continue

• Click here to remove google ads from the site
  • Click " Like/Thanks" at the bottom of a member's post to reward and thank them for their response! Points are added to their profile.
  • 2002-05 Owners. As of August 2022 there is now an entire suspension kit for sale! Scroll down to the bottom of the first post click here.

• Get rid of swirls and minor paint surface scratches with this Polish & Compounds kit. Click here to read more!.

Where is the keyhole to unlock the trunk

• Thread starter Thread starter Gene246514
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
G
My 02 has been in storage for the winter and I am ready to start driving. However, my battery has run down and I can't figure out how to unlock the trunk, can't find the keyhole. Even my dealer doesn't know the answer. Any ideas out there?

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

Sorry, your out of luck. That happened to me once and if you look on the drivers side door there is a chrome button with a keyhole (that is the botton to open up the trunk) the only problem is that button is electric so what I did was I want to Auto Zone and they let me borrow a device that you can plug into the cell phone charger outlet that pumps just enough power to the battery that you can press the chrome button to get the trunk open. That device is usually used on boats ( I dont remember it's name )Hope that helps. Oh, one more thing there is no keyhole to the trunk anywhere on the car.

A great big THANKS to all who tried to help me get the trunk open. You guys are right, there is a keyhole in back of the driver's seat on the bulkhead. Next question: what if my car had been locked when I had a dead battery?

Gene246514
I hope that you're kidding re: Next question: what if my car had been locked when I had a dead battery?........
There's a keyhole on the divers door; the ignition key can be used to manually unlock the door.
Here's an expression that was used years ago when I served in the US Army - "When all else fails, read the manual".
Regards - - -

------------------
2002 Triple Black
Premium

To: Blueoil1, the questions about "how does one get into the locked 02 trunk and car" came from Janice, Gene's "better half" (Gene is on a fishing trip.) Sorry for being so naiive, but I was thinking our '94 has small buttons on the door to press with numbers to open the door if one doesn't have the key. (Gene took the keys, wonder why??)
My son said, "You better hide that question before Dad gets home." So, we've all had a good laugh.

As for the 02 Bird, I prefer the'94 because of shopping and being able to take the grandkids.

Janice, do you know where your husband is? Better yet, do you know where the second key to the TBird is? two sets were given out with the car! Being married to a car nut is not easy!

READ your manual, there's a keyhole for the trunk behind the driver's seat. DUH
Originally posted by blu-bird:
Sorry, your out of luck. That happened to me once and if you look on the drivers side door there is a chrome button with a keyhole (that is the botton to open up the trunk) the only problem is that button is electric so what I did was I want to Auto Zone and they let me borrow a device that you can plug into the cell phone charger outlet that pumps just enough power to the battery that you can press the chrome button to get the trunk open. That device is usually used on boats ( I dont remember it's name )Hope that helps. Oh, one more thing there is no keyhole to the trunk anywhere on the car.

------------------
Jim Williams
red/red/std blk premium #2 of 2 VIN 1FAHP60A62Y111592
Mass. tag JWBIRD

To JAWILL2000; That wasn't a very nice reply. What if you have a dead battery, car is locked and your owners manual is in the glove box. Just kidding of course but Janice was very graceful about her response. The consumer is so accustom to the remotes or key pads that you don't even think about using a key to unlock your car. In fact my 99 Mustang only has a key lock on the drivers door and not the passengers because who uses a key to unlock the car anyhow?
I had a 96 Taurus with a key pad and a 97 Bird with a remote only. I still remember locking the keys in the truck of the T-Bird thinking I could unlock it with the key pad on the door (that it didn't have but the Taurus did). As I was shutting the deck lid my wife kept telling me not to but hey, I knew better. Good thing my sons were there who had both worked their way through college at dealerships. They were able to get into the car in short order.

Humor

I have seen humor to some of the replies to this thread... but...

nothing compared to a conversation I had yesterday... with a lady I work with... who was going to a funeral and was upset that their loved one was being buried in a mausoleum... because their dearly departed loved one... "would not be able to breathe in there"...

😱

Thanks for the humor...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back