What options you wish the new T-Bird came with?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gary.. who?..NO... LOL
biggrinflip.gif

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

Better tires like LS8 Sport. Sunvisors
with homelink and upgraded covering.
Different Rims.

These were the things that really stood out
on the one saw at the used lot

Well -- my two cents worth

I agree with the supercharger, borla style exhaust and the MP3 player but I would also like to see memory seats so I don't have to kill myself trying to get into the car after my wife has been driving it. I'm still picking the steering wheel out of my knee cap!

I'd like to see a special SVT version (or maybe they should call it an "F" model) with a supercharger, 6 speed manual trans, suspension upgrades, 18" wheels and tires, heated seats and white seat inserts like the original 55-57's had.
cool.gif

For my money a manual transmission would be a definite option I would go for. I still enjoy slapping gears. It make me feel more like a driver than just a passenger. Also I love that 2 memory driver seat button, there is quite a bit of height difference between my wife and me. White leather to contrast with the black/dark grey would have been a good option for those of us who couldn't go for the bule or yellow. And maybe a get out of jail free card for all those speeding tickets that lurk just over the next hill.

------------------
Courage - and shuffle the cards

I would like a nicer paint job,navigation system, built in wireless phone holder, aluminum insert surronding the stereo/climate center,and non embarassing visors.

I would have liked to have seen a supercharger as an option, had one on my 89 and 90 Bird. But I think a couple things should have been standard. Defrosting side mirrrors,under hood light,lighted inside door markers and a few other small things like this. All of my older Birds HAD these things.

------------------
02 T-Bird
69 Vette
73 MGB
97 F-150 4x4
2-Seadoo Jet Skies
a dog a cat and a couple hundred fish in my pond

Navigation system; computer to do MPG, etc., pad for keyless entry; NM wheels (at a reasonable price);performance package including exhaust, suspension, hp increase, wheels, brakes, 6 speed manual - all come to mind as things that could/should be optional.

Paul

------------------
#3739 Premium
Torch Red w/matching top
Standard Interior

The original Birds have a high/low two horn system that is mounted just behind the front grill, one horn on each side. It is, like many American horns of the 50's, somewhat melodious and quite loud.
eek.gif

-

Heated seats (a must in Michigan), Electrochromatic Mirror, 2 Position Memory Drivers Seat, 6 Wau Power Passenger Seat, Lighted Vanity Mirror on better quality visors, Interesting idea for portholes on ragtop.

------------------
Blue/Blue Premium w/ Full Accent '02 - VIN #1FAHP60A02Y111538 - Being built week of 2/11

Yellow '76

I'll go along with most and i miss the Electrochromatic mirror, compass, so i know which way at least i am going (still may be lost though), computer for MPG, like in my Explorer, 6 way seat for passenger, heated seats and lastly, which I think I can add myself is the two toned horn like of old that ford had for many years.

------------------
Blue/Blue Prem. w/full accent
In my Garage as of 1/25 #6333 LIC: BLU TB

I must admit, I am suprised that no one has mentioned a "HomeLink" system. Nothing clutters up the interior of a car like a garage door opener. It was one of the first things I thought of when I got her home on Saturday for the first time!

I also wouldn't mind seeing white or grey seat inserts.

Xenon headlamps are great if you are on the sending end, not the receiving end.

Every option that the Lincoln LS has PLUS cooled seats, 300 HP,more tire/wheel options, metal-chrome recessed grill,the visors by Law must have the air bag warning glued to them, I've seen the air bag save lives and also hurt children and elderly.
I also add that this car is in need of a roll bar. Many two seaters have done a great job of integrating them near the bucket seats.

------------------
'56 + NM '02 Birds
'98F250'01 Olds Aurora4.0
'68 AMC AMX
'73 Volvo 1800ES

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back