Convertible top cleaner ragg top soft top

Bird52

Bird52

Last seen
Thunderbird Year
What does everyone use to clean and protect their convertible tops?
This is my first convertible.hopefully I am posting this in the right place
Thanks

Moderator update check this out on Amazon.
Ranked by number of reviews on Amazon as of 6/2021-

#1 303 Products 4.5 Stars, 2500+ reviews
Click here to view on Amazon

303-Convertible-Fabric-Soft-Top-Cleaner.jpg

#2 Chemical Guys Convertible Top Cleaner & Protectant Kit 4.5 Stars, 1000+ reviews
Chemical Guys HOL_996 Convertible Top Cleaner and Convertible Top Protectant Kit.jpg

#3 Meguiars 4.5 Stars- 500+ reviews
Meguires-Top-Cleaner.jpg

#4 RaggTopp Premium Fabric Convertible Top Kit 4.6 Stars- 100+ reviews
Click here to view on Amazon.

41HQhvOblsL._SY400_.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Ragg Topp makes the best FABRIC convertible top cleaner and protectant http://amzn.to/2xb9W1j

51JdYnjXVNL._PIbundle-5,TopRight,0,0_SX500SY438SH20_.jpg

Moderator Note:
Also suggested in this thread by members:

Ranked by number of reviews on Amazon as of 6/2021-

#1 303 Products 4.5 Stars, 2500+ reviews

303-Convertible-Fabric-Soft-Top-Cleaner.jpg

#2 Chemical Guys Convertible Top Cleaner & Protectant Kit 4.5 Stars, 1000+ reviews
Chemical Guys HOL_996 Convertible Top Cleaner and Convertible Top Protectant Kit.jpg

#3 Meguiars 4.5 Stars- 500+ reviews
Meguires-Top-Cleaner.jpg

#4 RaggTopp Premium Fabric Convertible Top Kit 4.6 Stars- 100+ reviews
Click here to view on Amazon.

1624372448210.png

I've been reading about this product and I thought it was good also.
Thanks for confirming for me.

need to clean (got marks from frame while lowered) but understand it must be re-waterproffed after cleaning.

I've had convertibles for years and the best stuff I've found is 303 products. I think their cleaning stuff is the same as everyone else's, BUT, their protectant is amazing! Water beads right off! One application will last for a few years, even through Wisconsin winters! Just be sure to follow the directions when applying.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B000A8JNF0/?tag=thunderbirdforum-20

It might fine for fabric tops but, what about vinyl tops. I have a two part I get from top and trim shop. Works great.

I’m looking for brand recommendations for cleaning the convertible “rag” top on my 2005 bird. Not that it matters, the top is tan color. Any suggestions would be appreciated, thanks in advance.

New owner - two weeks. Haven't topped grinning yet. Took the hard top off today. Rag top looks good for 15 years old. I will check out these products. But I'm curious about putting the top back on. Read about mylar strips? Whats the deal here and where's the best place to get them?

I have had very good results with the 303 products. I usually buy the cleaner/protectant kit, it's a good value. As a side note, I have found the cleaner is great for spot cleaning on the body as well. A small amount will clean bird droppings etc without the usual smearing or smudging of other cleaners. https://www.amazon.com/dp/B000A8JNF0/?tag=thunderbirdforum-20

Back