What did you do to your Tbird today?

Aznav

I did ours about two weeks ago. It’s usually myself, my wife, and one of my daughters doing mine.. We put a blanket over the trunk for added safety, and it’s me on one side, my wife on the other, and my diughter over the back / trunk.. The three of us works out great.. Taking the top off is so much easier than putting it on.. Sometime it’s tough lining up the rear pegs into the holes.. That third set of hands and eyes are so handy trying to line them up..
Ahhhh, I was wondering about that. Need to borrow a neighbor...(-:

Aznav

I think of my own generation that died so needlessly in Nam. I was three weeks from shipping out before my orders were rescinded. Such a waste, an utter waste of good men and women. I am grateful for their courage, tenacity, and commitment and I grieve how long it took us to realize the disastrous impact of PTSD.

Changing subjects and emotions: On the continuing saga of partially wrapping my '04. It's starting to get humorous. As said before, there is a monstrous learning curve for wrapping. Even after "re-wrapping" the same section three times, there are still some creases and bubbles. However, the farther I go around, the better it looks. I suspect when I finally do the 360, my OCD will kick in and I'll go around one more time...

Aznav

My fiberglass tonneau came this week. Today I am going to wrap it to match lower panels. We shall see... Pretty excited as my original tonneau is "kinked" and won't lay flat, even with sun and hair dryer. If the wrap does not work out I will spray paint it with Honda color code. Stay tuned.

My fiberglass tonneau came this week. Today I am going to wrap it to match lower panels. We shall see... Pretty excited as my original tonneau is "kinked" and won't lay flat, even with sun and hair dryer. If the wrap does not work out I will spray paint it with Honda color code. Stay tuned.
Hope the wrap works for you. Why would you use a Honda color?

Oldiger

Just completed my radio upgrade. I went with a Kenwood double din and Kicker speakers. I decided to have it professionally installed as I'm just too old to crawl around under my steering wheel. After a few calls to Sirius XM I finally got everything hooked up and working fine. I think I'm going to be very happy with my decision as I was really wanting to have Sirius XM programming. I've saved the original radio and speakers in case I sell the car Someday, but I doubt if that will ever happen. Now, if we could only get summer weather, here in Montana, I would be a "happy camper."

JAfter a few calls to Sirius XM I finally got everything hooked up and working fine. I think I'm going to be very happy with my decision as I was really wanting to have Sirius XM programming. I've saved the original radio and speakers in case I sell the car Someday, but I doubt if that will ever happen. Now, if we could only get summer weather, here in Montana, I would be a "happy camper."
I did the same thing about 3 years ago when I got my 2002 Bird and I got the CD error.. I wanted a navigation and Sirius System anyhow so the CD error was a good excuse. I opted for a Pioneer unit with JBL's speakers. As you, I could not bend into a pretzel to do it myself so I had BestBuy do it. They hooked it up with the steering wheel controls also. I liked the Kenwood because of the Garman interface with the Navigation on the model I was looking at but Best Buy Tech talked me into the Pioneer instead because of sound quality. Not sure if I could of tell there was a difference in sound. My better half accuse me of losing my hearing. I like to think it's selective hearing. My question for you Mr. Oldiger, where did you place the Sirius antenna? Mine is right in front of the ambient light senor on the dash panel right in the middle of the dash. Mine seems to work OK.. I guess it's a good as it's going to get with an inside antenna and no metal base for the antenna. BTW as for the title of the thread, I'm on a weeks’ vacation yesterday my wife and I took a trip to the Adirondacks and today I had to re-detail the bird from the road trip. It's amazing the number of bugs that give up their lives to the front end of a car..