What did you do to your Tbird today?

Oldiger

OH BOY!!, ( 34° today in Missoula,Montana). Sure was hard for me to only take half of my cover off my car to start it up and open the garage doors. The sun was even shining but there is snow on the ground and gravel on the road. Looks like another six weeks at least. Pray for me !

I've seen these threads on many other forums I'm apart of. Don't know if it would be as active here, but figured I would start the thread. If there is already one going, let me know.

So, what did you do to your Tbird today?

I'll start. Put the hardtop on it Sunday since we've got a week of mid 80's. Drove it to work yesterday and today. I must say, I enjoy this car so much. It's an awesome ride that gets tons of looks and is an awesome cruiser.
We are get our Bird ready for Club photos tomorrow at local food bank here in Knoxville, TN

Whiz

2003 SEMA Thunderbird
Cars & Coffee in San Clemente CA. They get 700+ cars every Saturday morning, there is a little of everything. Saw 2 vintage birds from the 50’s but mine was the only modern retro. Sat between a Ferrari Pista and a ‘39 Chevy truck.

2D110699-CD40-43C6-BEE6-29EFC1CE51A3.jpeg

Well, here in the Daytona Beach area the temp plummeted to a bone chilling 65 degrees. Went out for a ride on the beach side and at one point, almost thought about putting the top up. Oh well, I'll have to suffer for another day then were gonna have to put up with 75 to 80 degrees for Bike Week Daytona. Winter really sucks.

Gus Gutz

Well, here in the Daytona Beach area the temp plummeted to a bone chilling 65 degrees. Went out for a ride on the beach side and at one point, almost thought about putting the top up. Oh well, I'll have to suffer for another day then were gonna have to put up with 75 to 80 degrees for Bike Week Daytona. Winter really sucks.
Love this post.. it's been in the low 60's in San Diego and I have the hard top on. Wish I had some 70's. Freezing to death in this weather.

getting ready for moon equip car show coming up.
anyone else going to show theirs?

Last edited by a moderator:
fontana raceway
calif
3/14

Last edited by a moderator:

Oldiger

Just had to share my good news with all my Thunderbird friends. Just called my insurance lady to tell her to put the 2005 back on our home policy for the next six months. The Robins and bluebirds have returned to Montana but the weather isn't very cooperative as of today. I probably won't get the Thunderbird out for another few weeks, due to weather conditions and a lot of dirt and gravel still on our roads. That's OK for now because I get to take the cover off my car and smile when I go out in the garage. Happy Trails;)

Oldiger

Must add to my above post. As excited as I am to get on the road, we, spouse and I, will not be going out until the dust settles on the virus! Stay home, be healthy and be safe. Dan

JW in Dixie

Off to the dr and found, again, that the battery was dead, even with a float charger attached. So, jumped her and off to the battery store.
$130 later, a new 3 YR free replacement 750 CCA, vented battery installed. Mech noted that the old batt was 6 years old. Pretty good service.

biddle

Forum Moderator
Staff member
Off to the dr and found, again, that the battery was dead, even with a float charger attached. So, jumped her and off to the battery store.
$130 later, a new 3 YR free replacement 750 CCA, vented battery installed. Mech noted that the old batt was 6 years old. Pretty good service.
I don't wait that long to replace my batteries. After 5 years the new one is installed. Just did it recently. Cranks better too.

Took mine for a ride through Griffith Park, then Hollywood and then up to Muhlholland Drive. Beautiful day here in the 70's.

Oldiger

Finally had a nice day and went for a short ride to take a wine list to a friend. ;)Could have emailed it but needed a good excuse to blow the dust off the bird. Stayed our prescribed distance! Wed. she goes in for oil/filter, tire rotate, AC check and a new K&N
CAI.:p I've had this K&N box in the trunk since before Christmas. Can hardly wait to drive it home. Stay healthy everyone.