What did you do to your Tbird today?

I've seen these threads on many other forums I'm apart of. Don't know if it would be as active here, but figured I would start the thread. If there is already one going, let me know.

So, what did you do to your Tbird today?

I'll start. Put the hardtop on it Sunday since we've got a week of mid 80's. Drove it to work yesterday and today. I must say, I enjoy this car so much. It's an awesome ride that gets tons of looks and is an awesome cruiser.

I bought new LED headlight for my SliverBird and will install them soon.

BillM

This weekend washed the bird and waxed her. Today was beautiful day in North Louisiana so took the bird to work with top down. On way home drove long way around so I could enjoy the weather. Looks like a few more day this coming week to enjoy as well.

This weekend washed the bird and waxed her. Today was beautiful day in North Louisiana so took the bird to work with top down. On way home drove long way around so I could enjoy the weather. Looks like a few more day this coming week to enjoy as well.
You lucky duck. It’s freezing here in Jersey. Had light snow flurries this AM.

Installed the door sills I mention above. Packaging to protect the product during shipping was top notch. Took 2 weeks from the time I ordered them at American Car Craft to my front door. Easy installation. Real attention getter when someone opens the door. Photo in my album.

Whiz

2003 SEMA Thunderbird
Had the Bird ceramic coated, picked her up Saturday. It looks absolutely gorgeous. Took the Balboa Ferry over to the Sunday coffee & cars event then took the top off at home and enjoyed an afternoon drive. Life is good in So Cal. 304E6083-C306-4B69-A393-818DA27BD8A8.jpeg76D533FE-74BC-413A-B2E2-1919202D9B9E.jpeg

Had the Bird ceramic coated, picked her up Saturday. It looks absolutely gorgeous. Took the Balboa Ferry over to the Sunday coffee & cars event then took the top off at home and enjoyed an afternoon drive. Life is good in So Cal. View attachment 9568View attachment 9569
Am I seeing that right? Did you have the porthole windows removed, or did it come that way? If it did, I didn't know it was available like that. The portholes a sort of the Thunderbird signature. Another thing... what is 'ceramic coated'??

Whiz

2003 SEMA Thunderbird
Am I seeing that right? Did you have the porthole windows removed, or did it come that way? If it did, I didn't know it was available like that. The portholes a sort of the Thunderbird signature. Another thing... what is 'ceramic coated'??
Yes, it was de-portholed as part of the mods made by Doug Deberti when he customized it for the '03 SEMA show. The fog lights and side markers were deleted as well and it was dropped about 3".
The ceramic coatings are advanced paint protection. They are nano-technology coatings that have been around for a little while. The paint goes through any paint correction needed to remove old swirls or other issues, removal of old wax, etc... then the panel is wiped down with alcohol to make sure the new coating bonds correctly. It's done under special lights and 4 layers are applied. The finished product is basically like a coat of glass that repels dirt wand water. It offers some protection from chips, etc... but not as much as the PPF film (which is a lot more $$). I had my Tesla coated when it was new, after 18 months it is still remarkable. I only hand wash now which should make the coating last for many years.

The 55s did not come with port holes, based on what I have learned in the year since I obtained one of the first year Birds. Frankly, I prefer the look of the port holes, and they should help some in alleviating the giant blind spot. At some point I'm going to get the port holes installed in mine. There are after-market companies that make the port hole kits including glass, seals, headliners etc. Triker Terry

Really like!!
Yes, it was de-portholed as part of the mods made by Doug Deberti when he customized it for the '03 SEMA show. The fog lights and side markers were deleted as well and it was dropped about 3".
The ceramic coatings are advanced paint protection. They are nano-technology coatings that have been around for a little while. The paint goes through any paint correction needed to remove old swirls or other issues, removal of old wax, etc... then the panel is wiped down with alcohol to make sure the new coating bonds correctly. It's done under special lights and 4 layers are applied. The finished product is basically like a coat of glass that repels dirt wand water. It offers some protection from chips, etc... but not as much as the PPF film (which is a lot more $$). I had my Tesla coated when it was new, after 18 months it is still remarkable. I only hand wash now which should make the coating last for many years.
Sweet.... I REALLY like the way it looks, Thanks, Roger

I've seen these threads on many other forums I'm apart of. Don't know if it would be as active here, but figured I would start the thread. If there is already one going, let me know.

So, what did you do to your Tbird today?

I'll start. Put the hardtop on it Sunday since we've got a week of mid 80's. Drove it to work yesterday and today. I must say, I enjoy this car so much. It's an awesome ride that gets tons of looks and is an awesome cruiser.

Tweetty is in her nest receiving a bit of TLC. The smile that this car brings to myself and others is something that warms my heart.

USKWPb4HSFm-z_KwXzH-2w.jpg

1. All New suspension front and back including new spindles, upper and lower control arms and stabilizer links.
2. New rotors slotted and drilled with new yellow EBC pads and new front bearings.
3. Replace both cabin and air filter.
4. Seats pulled from car and all rust removed and repainted bolts and seat footings.
5. Deep cleaning inside and out including treating the leather seats over and over again.
6. Install an over head lift for the hard top.
7. Repair any scratches and pull one small dent from lower rocker panel.
8. Paint under car with Por 15 chasis black and silver where rust is beginning to form.
9. Repaint calipers yellow with Por 15 yellow.
10. Replace shift plate with a new one and installed a LED light.
11. Replace headlight housings and headlights with led. Removal of all bulbs marker lights, license plate light, and interior lights excluding dash lights with led bulb.
12 . Remove and replace Thunderbird script with new lettering to read Tweettybird.

Last edited:

Mach5

2004 Merlot
Tweetty is in her nest receiving a bit of TLC. The smile that this car brings to myself and others is something that warms my heart.

View attachment 9681

1. All New suspension front and back including new spindles, upper and lower control arms and stabilizer links.
2. New rotors slotted and drilled with new yellow EBC pads and new front bearings.
3. Replace both cabin and air filter.
4. Seats pulled from car and all rust removed and repainted bolts and seat footings.
5. Deep cleaning inside and out including treating the leather seats over and over again.
6. Install an over head lift for the hard top.
7. Repair any scratches and pull one small dent from lower rocker panel.
8. Paint under car with Por 15 chasis black and silver where rust is beginning to form.
9. Repaint calipers yellow with Por 15 yellow.
10. Replace shift plate with a new one and installed a LED light.
11. Replace headlight housings and headlights with led. Removal of all bulbs marker lights, license plate light, and interior lights excluding dash lights with led bulb.
12 . Remove and replace Thunderbird script with new lettering to read Tweettybird.
I look forward to seeing a pic of that Tweetybird script.