Water leak on hardtop | Ford Thunderbird forum club group 1955-2005 models
  • We're glad you found us via a search engine! Right now, you can join our club absolutely free and unlock member only features like the site search! This notice only appears once! It only takes 30 seconds to register, and we would love to have you as part of the World's largest Thunderbird Forum/Club! Click here to continue

• Click here to remove google ads from the site
  • Click " Like/Thanks" at the bottom of a member's post to reward and thank them for their response! Points are added to their profile.
  • 2002-05 Owners. As of August 2022 there is now an entire suspension kit for sale! Scroll down to the bottom of the first post click here.

• Get rid of swirls and minor paint surface scratches with this Polish & Compounds kit. Click here to read more!.

Water leak on hardtop

• Thread starter Thread starter dbsupercrew
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

dbsupercrew

UPDATE EMAIL ADDRESS
First time in the rain, water dumps into the cabin at the left front top when braking. All appears to be tight, anybody have any ideas before I tear into it?
Cheers,
Darrell
2002 Insperation Yellow Premium
Yellow accents
38,000 miles

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

Darrell:
It's an old problem that has plagued some owners. I tried attaching a Tech Service Bulletin (TSB 04-09-5) from Ford for you but the site say's it exceeds my quota. So, if you want, you can PM me your email address and I'll email it to you directly. Anyone else want a copy? Please do the same.

Since your car is an '02, you're probably out of warranty so you should read and try to use this as a fix, and let us know how you make out🙂

More Info....

I did a little research, for you, elsewhere and came up with a few comments from TBirders that I'll post below. I still think you should have the TSB anyway, for the long term fix.😀

Here's what one guy did, back a few years ago: "A leak had occured on my 2002. Had an FSE that worked on the prototypes at Ford. He stated that they had notcied this and found the fix was to fill the top along the top of the windshield area with siclione. If you look at the hardtop near the edge along the rolled seam you'll see a small opening. Fill from there he said. "

Another persons solution:There is also a way to fine-tune the "pegs" on the hardtop that fit into the windshield "receptacles". If you pull the plastic header off, you'll see the pegs are held on by three bolts each, the hardtop wrench fits the bolts also. Fine-tuning the position of the pegs to fit into the receptacles can lead to a more snug fit.

Thanks guys, I'll start from there. By the way there is something weird about me aquiring the Tbird. Build date on the door sticker on the 02 is 9/02/02, axle code is 53. What I am leading up to is my birthday is 09/02/53.......I purchased my 96 Tbird from the same dealer on 9/3/97, the 02 Tbird was delivered to me on 9/1/07😱

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back