Looking To Purchase My Very Own 02-05 T-Bird, Any Thoughts/Advice?

Notice: This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you. Thank you for your support!
You will enjoy it. I have the red one but my interior is all black. I put on about 10k miles a year.

I've had my share of problems. First the FEM, a new clock spring, battery, alternator. I had to find the hardtop as my car did not have one. I replaced the spare as it popped in the trunk. I'm glad that I did as one of the tires picked up a nail.

I do my own detailing and the paint looks like glass all the time.

I also have a red with black interior 2005 and I have washed it maybe twice, keep it a garaged and covered, put just over 1000 miles per yr but fun miles in the mountains. No problems with mine so far. Fun car for short road trips to the mountains! Maybe we will pass each other one day. Easley, SC

Hi. I found you guys when doing research into the 11th gen Thunderbird and over the last month or so I’ve been finally actualizing my teenage dream car ever since I became enamored by a blue 1960 Squarebird on someone’s lot almost 8 years ago. Now being a recent college graduate with a full time job I can afford the debt of taking on an auto loan and while it’s no ‘57 or ‘63, I’ve settled on a triple red 2003 Premium from a private seller.

The car drove great when I tested it out earlier this week and aside from a minute chip here or there in the paint (likely from rocks) the body and interior are in excellent condition. There’s less than 29,000 miles on the OD and the car’s been garage kept as well as never driven in icy/dusty conditions nor on dirt roads. Included is the hardtop rack, convertible cover for driving with the top down, and a cover for the windshield when outside. I’d be the third owner as the first put in the most mileage, and the second barely scratched 1,000 before he put it up for sale. Currently we’re settled on a price after I talked down a couple grand. That and I just checked out an abysmal 2002 Lemon of a car With a blown spare tire, no cover for the battery & spare in the trunk, rust along the edge of the hardtop, multiple scratches along the rear fenders and on the aluminum trim inside, not to mention it’d been definitely repainted in the back and bondo’d on the inside of the trunk compartment. The cherry on top being their price floor of $12,000; bullet dodged.
View attachment 9909

Anyway, here’s an image plucked from the ad to give a visual on. All that’s left now is to double check with credit unions to see just how much I have to pay up front before I
I just a few months back bought me second 04 bird. My first was an 04 PCR which became more expensive than I thought. I eventually sold it in September of 2018. After moving from California to Tennessee I got the T-Bird bug again and started looking. This time I must have looked at a dozen cars before settling on an 04 Silver Bird in MI. The car with 18K miles ane one owner, I was pretty meticulous by having the cars put up on a lift where I looked at everything ALL of the bushings, any leaks, and any rust. This car was clean with only one bushing that was questionable to be replaced bur had it replaced anyway. I also had the hardtop removed the see what the soft-top looked like. All was in great condition! I hope this helps in your search...

Excellent car. All the tips from all the other members are right on target.
Make sure the stereo system works and all the cds play and reject., mine did not and repairs were costly for it.
This all said you will love driving the car.

I just bought mine 2 weeks ago with 24500 on it. a 2004. I ended up paying 13.5 which in the San Francisco Bay Area was a great price. I am really happy with it.

Back