TCS and ABS warning light come on when... | Ford Thunderbird forum club group 1955-2005 models
  • We're glad you found us via a search engine! Right now, you can join our club absolutely free and unlock member only features like the site search! This notice only appears once! It only takes 30 seconds to register, and we would love to have you as part of the World's largest Thunderbird Forum/Club! Click here to continue

• Click here to remove google ads from the site
  • Click " Like/Thanks" at the bottom of a member's post to reward and thank them for their response! Points are added to their profile.
  • 2002-05 Owners. As of August 2022 there is now an entire suspension kit for sale! Scroll down to the bottom of the first post click here.

• Get rid of swirls and minor paint surface scratches with this Polish & Compounds kit. Click here to read more!.

TCS and ABS warning light come on when...

• Thread starter Thread starter BanditBird
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
B
I go over a small bump in the road.
Both Lights come on and stay on. Is this normal?

BTW, its a 2005 Bronze T-Bird with 7k miles. It's actually my fathers car and I will probably have to take it in to the stealership to have it serviced under warranty if this continues.

I've been using his car since there is a car theft ring going around stealing cars like mine, even in broad daylight!

Any help is appreciated.

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

Bandit:
Absolutely not normal and should be resolved under warranty ASAP

Enjoy the ride

Bandit:
Just went searching and found something for you - In fact you may want to print this TSB before you go to the dealership.

Editing :
Sorry, I cannot attach it, since "it exceeds my quota". Anyway, it's TSB 04-22-13.

Since I cannot attach it for you, If you send me your email address via a PM I will email you a copy directly

I can't pm, I guess because of my membership status. But you can send the email to banditcar@***********. Once I get the TSB in the email I'll just remove my email from this post.

Thanks

Bandit:
I just sent you an email with TSB attached and other message

I just bought my dream car in January 2014... 2003 premium edition.. had 56,800 miles on it when I bought it, 59,000 miles now....BTW just had system put in to be able to pay music from Iphone 5S through the car's speaker/sound system...not sure if related to current issues or not. 2 Days after getting car back traction control and ABS warning lights started coming on....would not always stay on...one time hit bump in road and they came back on. Then tonight wrench warning light came back on.....HELP..devastated that I JUST bought it and now having these problems.

Bringing this thread back up hoping I will get response...also now emission control system warning light is also coming on...I am so afraid I have serious problems....very concerned as I have had car not quite 3 months.

similar problem

Bringing this thread back up hoping I will get response...also now emission control system warning light is also coming on...I am so afraid I have serious problems....very concerned as I have had car not quite 3 months.

I just bought my dream car in January 2014... 2003 premium edition.. had 56,800 miles on it when I bought it, 59,000 miles now....BTW just had system put in to be able to pay music from Iphone 5S through the car's speaker/sound system...not sure if related to current issues or not. 2 Days after getting car back traction control and ABS warning lights started coming on....would not always stay on...one time hit bump in road and they came back on. Then tonight wrench warning light came back on.....HELP..devastated that I JUST bought it and now having these problems.

Have similar problem with abs, traction and parking brake. Sometimes engine stops dead regardless of speed. Any ideas, had dealer checked but no codes.

I would go back to the last guy that was working with wires and have him retrace his steps. Sounds like he did something wrong.
Especially if these are new since he did the work

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back