TBird are rare here | Ford Thunderbird forum club group 1955-2005 models
  • We're glad you found us via a search engine! Right now, you can join our club absolutely free and unlock member only features like the site search! This notice only appears once! It only takes 30 seconds to register, and we would love to have you as part of the World's largest Thunderbird Forum/Club! Click here to continue

• Click here to remove google ads from the site
  • Click " Like/Thanks" at the bottom of a member's post to reward and thank them for their response! Points are added to their profile.
  • 2002-05 Owners. As of August 2022 there is now an entire suspension kit for sale! Scroll down to the bottom of the first post click here.

• Get rid of swirls and minor paint surface scratches with this Polish & Compounds kit. Click here to read more!.

TBird are rare here

• Thread starter Thread starter whvt01
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
I been looking through the car ads for over 3 weeks. In a
metro area of 1 mil and probably 1/2 mil surrounding with
several Ford dealer. Not one has placed a mention of the
Thunderbird. You don't see one under, new, used or even a
photo.

On the road not seeing anymore than a years ago. So when
Ford posted sales last month of 1700 they are not selling
around here. Where is Ford selling the cars. Would think
with our mild weather the car should be popular.

On lots none either. I saw 2 on independent sales lots 2
months ago and that was it. They got to be building and
shipping someplace with that high of month numbers.

If they are selling here, the owners must stay within
there neighborhoods. The ones see in our area (including ours)
are 02's and one 03. 2 blues, 1 red, 1 black, 1 yellow if more
they don't come out.

Are people up north seeing more.

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

WHTV01

Where are you in Texas? I am in Austin and have a Red/Red 03. The car stays in garage mostly. If it rains or is cloudy or wet I do not take it out. But I have seen a few here--even a Pacific coast Roadster yesterday in S Austin. There is a white one near me a daily driver. I also have seen a few 02 blue and yellow here in the last year--- but not really that many for the size of this town and surrounding. There was an o2 yellow in paper today $35,000 and an 02 red convt only $27,500. First in a long time. Large local dealer has only 2 that I see Black & Merlot.
Dennis

In the Hills between SA and Austin. If you put Austin in with
SA metro and sub's, still not many cars. One of the ones
saw was on North Parks Lincoln lot. It was red and had
a price of $20,000 on the windshield. The other lot doesn't
come to mind. Moms 02 blue has never seen the rain either.
I been going to bring it over and take the top off but just haven't
gotten around to it. Have an EZ lift in my garage for it.
If don't do it soon going to be too hot for TOPLESS.

Austin/Lake Travis does seem like a better market for the car.

The last part of 03 we were seeing quite a few Ad's 8,---
10,000 off. Now zip, guess they moved the inventory
and called it quits, maybe except for customer orders.

Think ours has 3,500 miles, next month is the annual oil
change.

Except for mine and my brother-in-law;s, Birds are very rare here in Bergen County NJ.

There's a TBird Blue 2002 with NY plates on it parked very often in a mini-mall parking lot nearby. (I'm pretty sure that car had a FOR SALE sign on it last fall.)

As of two weeks ago, local dealer still had a VMG parked way back in his storage lot. (Hackensack Ford, Hackensack NJ, if anyone's interested.)

There's probably more around than you realize. Most of us don't drive them daily so the chances of seeing all of the 'birds in your area is slim. There's probably ten in the nest for every one you see on the road.

whvt01,

I see a few here in Austin. Beside's my wife's, there's a black one and a red one somewhere here in my neighborhood. And I'm seeing a whole lot more now than I did even last year, so I'd expect you'll start seeing more of them in used lots.

MIDAS,

Where in south Austin did you see the Pacific Coast Roadster? That's what my wife's is, but we live in northwest Austin, sorta by the Arboretum, and we haven't been to the south side since last weekend. We knew there was probably another one in town because back in February Maxwell Ford had one, but the ONLY other one listed on the online inventories anywhere near here was the one we bought in Houston (Maxwell wanted list price and we didn't want to pay it - Tommy Vaughn in Houston was a much friendlier place). I watched the inventories for a while and no-one else here got a Pacific Coast Roadster, so unless someone did what we did and bought their car out of the area, there are only 2 PCRs in Austin. If you see one on the north side, wave!

Here in northern NJ I don't see many at all. One lives right down the hill from us (about 1/2 block). I didn't see it at all during the winter, so I think they actually had it in storage. I don't drive mine in bad weather (which includes snow, sleet, drizzle, rain, or murky road conditions. That's when I drive my '95 40th anniversary Tbird.

Yesterday I saw an '03 white with soft top. We haven't taken the portholes off of Red yet, but I fear it's coming soon. I really love the look with the portholes.

It's always a topic of conversation with my husband if either one of us spot one during the day.

I only have 7,000+ miles on red and I will have her 2 years in July.

With combined totals from 2002 - 2004 of around 65,000 - 75,000 T-Birds in a population of 250,000,000 I would say it is safe to say that new T-Birds are a rare commodity just about anywhere.

Butek
We live near Crockett high S Austin. Saw th PCR on frontage IH 35 near Onion Creek Monday AM. We don't venture north too often, But I will wave next PCR I see. Probably are 2 PCR's in Austin.
Dennis

Lon

Part of the rarity around here talking about is how the dealers
do not list any cars. Have none or maybe a couple around the
dealership. If they have one its hidden.

Did talk to a friend who is a Ford salesman. Ask how the
model was doing. This was when all the discounts were
going. Said they had some around the dealership somewhere.
The car was not discussed among the salesman. He thought
they had assigned a person to handle them but did not know
who or if was still activity. So sounds like if you went in there
with a Tbird on your mind plan on a long wait, if could get a
knowledgeable assistant.

Saw a post where Ford has to produce 100,000 of these car
per some type of union contract. Guess if they don't will they
be fined or held to the monetary part, I don't know how this
works. Didn't they sell 15,000 cars last year, looks like the
final figure will be tight.

Sorry, misunderstood. All 3 of our dealers in Amarillo have 2 2004's and no 02's or 03's left. Two of the dealers have both of their birds on the outside porch of their showroom. The other one has one on the porch and one in the showroom. All highly visable.

you are correct on the 15,000 last year. That was because the 02 year was extended out to 32,000+. That still comes short of the 25,000 a year for four years by 13,000.

To my New Jersey fellow T Birders. Just to let you know the 2004 Annual All Thunderbird Show hosted by the North Jersey Thunderbird Assoc., will be held on June 12 in Pompton Plains, at the Pompton Valley Presbyterian Church on Sunset Rd. In 2002 we had 12 new birds and a total of about 100 Thunderbirds. (Last year 2003 was a rain out) In the club we now have about 7 2002 & 2003 birds.
I'm in Bergen County and drive mine every day and even though 3 of my close friends also have them, I really don't see very many on the road.

There is a good selection in the Atlanta area depending on what you're looking for. I also found 2 Pacific Roadsters. One dealer in particular that I may do business with is currently sitting on 9 birds. Maybe I can get a deal.

......they are pretty scarce here on the lone praire.....dealers are gun shy after the initial experience.....sold or wholesaled their '02 short term leases.....which is how we got ours....No dealer is stocking them...It's a shame!....would love to see all the colour combo's in the flesh....maybe just as well, as I'd want one of each!.....also $63000.00cdn seems to project a little differently....than does $36000.00 US...... 😀

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back