radio volume control | Ford Thunderbird forum club group 1955-2005 models
  • We're glad you found us via a search engine! Right now, you can join our club absolutely free and unlock member only features like the site search! This notice only appears once! It only takes 30 seconds to register, and we would love to have you as part of the World's largest Thunderbird Forum/Club! Click here to continue

• Click here to remove google ads from the site
  • Click " Like/Thanks" at the bottom of a member's post to reward and thank them for their response! Points are added to their profile.
  • 2002-05 Owners. As of August 2022 there is now an entire suspension kit for sale! Scroll down to the bottom of the first post click here.

• Get rid of swirls and minor paint surface scratches with this Polish & Compounds kit. Click here to read more!.

radio volume control

• Thread starter Thread starter jps
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
First use everyday, the radio volume is high, adjusting the volume knob only makes it louder. If I deflect the knob to either side and adjust the knob, it works! After that initial glitch, it's back to normal. Anybody else? jps😕

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

First use everyday, the radio volume is high, adjusting the volume knob only makes it louder. If I deflect the knob to either side and adjust the knob, it works! After that initial glitch, it's back to normal. Anybody else? jps😕
I have the same problem can't touch the nob I have to use the button on the steering wheel. Don't have a clue what's wrong or how to fix it.

I have the same problem can't touch the nob I have to use the button on the steering wheel. Don't have a clue what's wrong or how to fix it.

I think it has to do with speed sensitivity mode in the radio. the speed sensitivity mode makes the radio louder the faster the car goes above 40 mph. I think if the speed sensitivity is on in the radio when you come to a stop don't shut the car off immediately let it idle for a minute or so and then shut it off. This way the radio set it's self to the idle of the car. I had that problem until I played with the radio and set the speed mode and now it doesn't do that anymore. Look in the owners manual on how to set it. Good Luck Rick

I have the same problem. I messed with the speed mode also with no joy. What I did find is very gently pushing the volume/power button in and adjustment works. However, 2 out of 3 times I press the knob it shuts the radio off...so back to the steering wheel controls. Not much of a solution huh! lol
Cheers, Frank

I have the opposite problem in the 2002. Control knob works, but the steering paddles only make it louder.
---Barry

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back