Rad fan | Ford Thunderbird forum club group 1955-2005 models
  • We're glad you found us via a search engine! Right now, you can join our club absolutely free and unlock member only features like the site search! This notice only appears once! It only takes 30 seconds to register, and we would love to have you as part of the World's largest Thunderbird Forum/Club! Click here to continue

• Click here to remove google ads from the site
  • Click " Like/Thanks" at the bottom of a member's post to reward and thank them for their response! Points are added to their profile.
  • 2002-05 Owners. As of August 2022 there is now an entire suspension kit for sale! Scroll down to the bottom of the first post click here.

• Get rid of swirls and minor paint surface scratches with this Polish & Compounds kit. Click here to read more!.

Rad fan

• Thread starter Thread starter jps
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
The engine cooling fan began to run nonstop a few days ago when the dash temp gauge reaches normal. It does not overheat, everything runs fine, no warning lights on the dash, just constant fan. Any ideas.

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

jps:
Another TBird owner had a fan that ran continuosly and the dealears lots of things I won't bore you with but here's the end result:
"“They originally thought it was the heat sensor... pulled the manifold out replaced it and it was still not working, they removed the radiator and flushed and clean it... still no luck, ran it with and without the thermostat and still the fan was getting false reads when monitored with a laptop. The fan was running at full power without shutting off. The field service engineer came back out and took a look and said that the heat sensor is very sensitive and malfunctions if it is touching metal. So they removed the manifold again and trimmed the ends of the sensor so it would not hit the board. They say it is now running up to 204 without the fan kicking on light fan on at 215 which goes down to 199 when the air conditioner is on. After 3 weeks in the shop I picked it up yesterday and so far it's quiet. I smell a little hot plastic off the engine but have driven it about 30 miles so far without issue. Hopefully this is it.”
And he's still happy after 2 years.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back