Problem with AC going to full heater | Ford Thunderbird forum club group 1955-2005 models
  • We're glad you found us via a search engine! Right now, you can join our club absolutely free and unlock member only features like the site search! This notice only appears once! It only takes 30 seconds to register, and we would love to have you as part of the World's largest Thunderbird Forum/Club! Click here to continue

• Click here to remove google ads from the site
  • Click " Like/Thanks" at the bottom of a member's post to reward and thank them for their response! Points are added to their profile.
  • 2002-05 Owners. As of August 2022 there is now an entire suspension kit for sale! Scroll down to the bottom of the first post click here.

• Get rid of swirls and minor paint surface scratches with this Polish & Compounds kit. Click here to read more!.

Problem with AC going to full heater

• Thread starter Thread starter twright
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Started having a problem with the AC deciding on its on after 30 minutes of driving to magically go to full heat on the driver side. The passenger side is normal. Then after about another 10-15 minutes the passenger side decides to go to full hot as well. Only does it when the weather is somewhat warm (>60 degrees) and only after driving 30 minutes. And of course it doesn't do it everyday. Once it starts you can not override it. I end up turning the AC off and opening the windows. If you stop the car and restart it will reset.

The dealer "suspects" that the AC module (the part in the dash with the controls) is the problem. Wants $500.00 plus labor. I haven't found any hard codes set to show what is going on.

Anyone else have this going on? If so what was it?

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

A/C Going to hot

I Just started having the problem Today. Our Car did not reset the A/C after it was switched off I am takeing it to the dealer tomorrow. My car is still under warranty. I will let you know what they find.
David Mullis

.....Okay......Try this.....cycle the temp. all the way up to the high setting.....then cycle down to the lowest setting......then set at desired temp.....I've read that this has worked for some owners......sort of a reprograming.......

davidm7173 said:
I Just started having the problem Today. Our Car did not reset the A/C after it was switched off I am takeing it to the dealer tomorrow. My car is still under warranty. I will let you know what they find.
David Mullis
The dealer says every thing checks okay and the A/C is working as it should

Well after some trial and error I have been able to break out of the full heat mode, but it is only a temporary solution. If I cause the DATC to recycle and reboot itself and then turn the AC back on and immediately turn the AC down to max AC (60f) and leave it there the AC will stay on and not go to full heat. Of course at times it gets a little chilly but a little adjusting with the fan speed and air ducts solves that. Looks like I am going to have to break down and spend the $500 to get it fixed.

A search of a Lincoln LS forum found a number of posts describing the problems with the A/C described above. The 2 culprit parts are either the Dual Automatic Temp Control module or the Dual Coolant Control Valve located under the hood with predominately the DCCV being the most likely cause of failure. Looks like we all face a potential problem if not now in the future.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back