Portland CT car show 6-17-07 | Ford Thunderbird forum club group 1955-2005 models
  • We're glad you found us via a search engine! Right now, you can join our club absolutely free and unlock member only features like the site search! This notice only appears once! It only takes 30 seconds to register, and we would love to have you as part of the World's largest Thunderbird Forum/Club! Click here to continue

• Click here to remove google ads from the site
  • Click " Like/Thanks" at the bottom of a member's post to reward and thank them for their response! Points are added to their profile.
  • 2002-05 Owners. As of August 2022 there is now an entire suspension kit for sale! Scroll down to the bottom of the first post click here.

• Get rid of swirls and minor paint surface scratches with this Polish & Compounds kit. Click here to read more!.

Portland CT car show 6-17-07

• Thread starter Thread starter George
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
G

George

Passed Away July 25, 2015
Reaction score
Thunderbird Year
I apploogize that this is late so any of you CT members please forgive me.

There is a gathering in CT by a couple named Dino and Susan for new Birds. They are planning a gathering that will center around one of our biggest car shows of the season. The CT Children's Place (www.ctchildrensplace.org) is a non-profit organization that takes in abandoned and abused kids and gets them back on track through education, therapy and a home style living environment. Each June they put on a benefit car show that attracts rods, customs and street cars from all over the area. The kids love it and it's a great way to bring them some fun and activity to otherwise hard lives. The show is always held on Father's Day, so this year it will be June 17th.

The plan is to do a long weekend event, starting Saturday morning with a cruise to Gillette Castle in East Haddam. From there a short trip further south to Mystic Seaport and Village http://www.mysticseaport.org/. From there back up to our house for a Thunderful BBQ. If time allows afterwards, a cruise to a local car show we put on every Saturday night. A fresh start on Sunday morning with a group breakfast and then over to the Children's Place for the main event.

Hilton Garden Inn
85 Glastonbury Blvd.
Glastonbury, CT 06033

Dino has 10 rooms set aside at $109.00 per night. There are 5 rooms with kings and 5 with two queens (beds that is). Their phone number is 860-659-1025, tell them that you are calling as part of the "Thunderbird Gathering". Reservations must be made by 5/28.

Even though this is a late posting, anyone who can make it on Sunday is welcome to meet at the hotel on Sunday morning and drive in together, or just show up at the show.

Dino's cell number is 860-614-9901 There are about 14+ cars coming from PA to Canada. Unfortunately I have a Graduation party to attend and cannot make it.

Last edited:

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back