Pictures don't tell it all. | Ford Thunderbird forum club group 1955-2005 models
  • We're glad you found us via a search engine! Right now, you can join our club absolutely free and unlock member only features like the site search! This notice only appears once! It only takes 30 seconds to register, and we would love to have you as part of the World's largest Thunderbird Forum/Club! Click here to continue

• Click here to remove google ads from the site
  • Click " Like/Thanks" at the bottom of a member's post to reward and thank them for their response! Points are added to their profile.
  • 2002-05 Owners. As of August 2022 there is now an entire suspension kit for sale! Scroll down to the bottom of the first post click here.

• Get rid of swirls and minor paint surface scratches with this Polish & Compounds kit. Click here to read more!.

Pictures don't tell it all.

• Thread starter Thread starter Craig
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
🙂 It has been an interesting week. I have had more comments on the T-Bird than I have ever had, including when it was just off the showroom floor. All have been positive. A cop even mentioned how great the wheels looked on the car. The only suggestion was that raised white letter tires may make it look even better. One interesting comment was that it now looks much like a muscle car of the mid 60's which had to be "jacked up" to put the new wide oval tires under when they first came out in the late 60's. 😱 I have had comments such as a friends 66 Chevelle SS396 looked like that. Other fond memories include 66Mustangs with mags and wide tires, a 65 GTO with Cragar SS's and wide ovals. Then someone else remembered seeing that picture of the 57 modified speed record attempt T-Bird that I mentioned earlier. 😎 I remember that car was blue. Does anybody else remember seeing that picture, or does anybody have a copy of the magazine or picture they would be willing to scan and post? Several people said that it looks better because the wheel wells are filled in. I don't see that myself as I didn't lower the car, nor did I go to a bigger tire, I used the same tires that were on the factory rims. They do stick out further towards the lip of the fender wells by about 1/2 to 1 inch.

The next modification I am thinking about (Remember I have a rule that anything I do I has to be able to be undone) is tape pin stripes starting at the chevrons and following the body line across the door and ending on the rear quarter panels. (See pictures of Chip Foose's Speedbird in the gallery) Since the car is red, I have thought about gold, white, black, burgandy, purple metalic, pink, and silver. (Speenbird is a beige color with orange stripes) Orange is another possibility.😀 😀 😀

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

Craig:
Speaking of pictures, if you see one of a 1953/4 Corvette (profile) you will definitely see some similarities to our new birds. Hmmm!

Craig said:
Yea they do, but I prefer the sound of flowmasters. 😀

Glad to hear that, having flowmasters put on my 03 next week by performance plus here in CT. Will let you know how she sounds. Mine's white w red/black interior. Only white one around these parts... :

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back