owned car 1 hour-already got probs

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

Parts are NOT readily available
You are correct here. I was very surprised that my dealer was able to get a FEM. I asked him four times if that item was going to be on back order forever. He said he would have it in two days and have it installed. I was lucky that they let me keep the old part without a core charge. i am thinking have having it rebuilt as a back up

You can re-program the window drop feature by turn on the ignition, putting the window down, hold the button in the down position for two seconds, then raise the window and hold the button in the up position for two seconds and then release. Just had this problem with mine and the reprogram (which I found online) solved the problem.
thx.that worked!

You will find this forum invaluable. First, you have to LOVE this car to own it. There's a lot of finicky nit-picky little annoying things that are well documented small problems - most of which you can fix yourself with some patience and by asking the right questions. Parts seem readily available. Get yourself a FIXD scanning device that works with your phone.
http://amzn.to/2DNR21F

It will pay for itself the first time you use it. You can also clear errors and check engine lights with it if you think you've fixed the problem. If you don't already know - common problems are (some of which you've noted):
- Coils (there is a separate coil for every spark plug - mounted on top of each spark plug under that little cover on the heads) They are not too difficult to replace and you can do all of them for around $150 - vs. $1000 from a dealer.
- Oxygen sensors - oh yea........there are 4. LOL
- Door sensors (there is a left and a right. Despite what some tell you they are NOT the same part number.) If your car "thinks" the door is open, the windows will not operate correctly.....even when you calibrate them as described in the manual. Fix the problem, not the symptom.
- Old spare tires tend to explode or be flat when you need them.
- 91 or higher Octane ....................good luck. It pretty much doesn't exist anymore. Put 90 in.
-use 5w20 engine oil ONLY.
-use YELLOW coolant ONLY.
- NEVER allow your battery to die. If you do, your transmission will have to learn how to drive again. Use a trickle charge (battery tender) when not in use for extended periods of time.

But on those sunny days...........when the top is down.........your wife will wonder why you are smiling so big. :)
The car kicks @ss!
good info!thx

If you haven't already solved your lean code problem yet I may have something else to look at. The check engine light came on indicating a lean code in my 05 and the problem turned out to be the brake booster. Surprisingly the booster had rusted to the point of causing a vacuum leak where the hose that runs to the engine connects. I had noticed a little rust prior to having the problem and touched it up with a little black paint thinking it was just on the surface. Probably the biggest surprise for me was having this issue in a one previous owner car that appears to have had impeccable care throughout its entire history. There is not a single sign of rust anywhere in this vehicle.

If you haven't already solved your lean code problem yet I may have something else to look at. The check engine light came on indicating a lean code in my 05 and the problem turned out to be the brake booster. Surprisingly the booster had rusted to the point of causing a vacuum leak where the hose that runs to the engine connects. I had noticed a little rust prior to having the problem and touched it up with a little black paint thinking it was just on the surface. Probably the biggest surprise for me was having this issue in a one previous owner car that appears to have had impeccable care throughout its entire history. There is not a single sign of rust anywhere in this vehicle.
thx-ill check that out.-my trouble code is p0171-lean condition bank 1(passenger side).gonna check the vacuum first .the maf sensor is working but maybe a dirty one will cause a code,i dont know.could be intake manifold gasket leak as well someone told me.

Back