One year ago today | Ford Thunderbird forum club group 1955-2005 models
  • We're glad you found us via a search engine! Right now, you can join our club absolutely free and unlock member only features like the site search! This notice only appears once! It only takes 30 seconds to register, and we would love to have you as part of the World's largest Thunderbird Forum/Club! Click here to continue

• Click here to remove google ads from the site
  • Click " Like/Thanks" at the bottom of a member's post to reward and thank them for their response! Points are added to their profile.
  • 2002-05 Owners. As of August 2022 there is now an entire suspension kit for sale! Scroll down to the bottom of the first post click here.

• Get rid of swirls and minor paint surface scratches with this Polish & Compounds kit. Click here to read more!.

One year ago today

• Thread starter Thread starter LON O'CONNELL
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
L

LON O'CONNELL

UPDATE EMAIL ADDRESS
One year ago today, 10-9-01 my wife and I took delivery of our yellow/yellow premium with full accent. A year later and we now have 2,852 miles on the car. A year later and we still have not received box # 5 of the Ford Collection.

------------------
Yellow/Yellow Prem. 02 Bird w/full accent
1999 F150 Super Cab 4x4 Off Road
1998 Taurus SE Sport 24V

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

LON:
Happy Birthday to your T-Bird! How do you manage to keep the mileage so low? When I got Kandi (my red/red T-Bird) I intended to put a maximum of 500 miles a month. Now five months later I have over 5000 miles on her. Best 5000 miles I've ever spent.

Jim

Originally posted by LON O'CONNELL:
Neither have I Lon my delivery date was 03/04/02.One year ago today, 10-9-01 my wife and I took delivery of our yellow/yellow premium with full accent. A year later and we now have 2,852 miles on the car. A year later and we still have not received box # 5 of the Ford Collection.

My Goodness! Don't you guys go anywhere? We'll have had our bird a month this coming Friday and we're already pushing 2500 miles!

Ok, so putting 1750 miles the first week by going on vacation is a bit out of the ordinary. Even excluding that, we taking every moment of convertible weather here in Oregon by being on the road. I bet the next 2500 will come more slowly, though.

I've had 2-3 follow-up calls from my Ford dealership plus the survey from Ford. Are the boxes some kind of inside joke?

------------------
red/red/partial red

No... The boxes reference the Thunderbird Collection.. items that the dealers were supposed to sign you up for when you ordered the car... When I ordered my car, the dealer didn't mention anything about it... After I found out about it, it was too late.. Ford stopped taking orders for the collection...In my opinion, everyone that purchased the car should have been asked if they wanted the collection... Spent 40k for the car.. what's $40.00 for the collection... I have hundreds in wax!!!

My Black bird was officially 8 month old at the end of September and she has 19K mile on her.

I too am disappointed in the fact that all I received from Ford was some touch-up paint. I have purchased 5 other Fords since 1995 and received a gift with purchase on all of them. After Ford knew how bad dealerships were trying to stick it to the buyers of the Thunderbird, you would have thought they would try and make a peace offering of some sort.

My Blue/Blue Premium is 13 months old. It has 12,000 miles on it. I have given up on trying to keep the mileage off this wonderful toy. The way I figure it, when my grandsons get it in 20 years they will have to restore it anyway, so why not enjoy it today.

My dealer swears that I was registered for the Thunderbird collection but, never recieved ANYTHING. I finally gave up. Too bad Ford never followed up on that marketing plan.

Our vin# 4066 is one year old and has 1700 miles. (It's stored during the winter. The Bird is NOT a Minnesota winter car.)

So far we have had no problems other than "hard top rub" which we fixed with Scotchcal. It's a really fun little car.

Got my Laser Red 02 in early May. Already have 5,500 miles on it. I didn't get any gifts from Ford, but on the other hand I didn't order it. I happened to be there when someone else who ordered mine couldn't take it, so I bought it.

We love it.

The reason we don't have a lot of miles is that we don't have far to go. My 99 F150 will be 4 years old in November and it only has 38,000 miles on it. A little less than 10,000 a year. My wifes 98 Taurus will be 5 years old in April and it only has 40,000 on it, making it about 8,000 miles a year. My drive to work is 3/4 of a mile. My wife drives 4 miles to work. Drive 12 miles and you've driven completely across the town of Amarillo. We take the T-Bird out on weekends if not raining or snowing. Plan on driving T-Bird to Dearborn next year for the 100th anniversary party.

------------------
Yellow/Yellow Prem. 02 Bird w/full accent
1999 F150 Super Cab 4x4 Off Road
1998 Taurus SE Sport 24V

-

I have got you all beat. My red Zooomy has 8600 miles on it and I drive it almost every day. Enjoyed meeting lots of you on the thunder on 66 run and am really enjoying the beautiful fall weather in Iowa. Winter is just around the corner and the bird will be put to bed.

2 weeks tomorrow and I have 340 miles. But in two weeks I will probably be driving it to NY so the miles will add up fast. But then it's nap time for the bluebird when the weather turns.

------------------
Debi in MI
2002 T-Bird blue
1997 Corvette black
1987 Cougar XR-7 black

pick up my bird april 15 and i have 4500 miles on it most of the miles put on goin to thunderbird car shows with it. to those who have had their birds a year congrads to you.

blk/blk prem

I was going the same way.. but my grandson 20months old is the best chick magnet next to the Bird.. He sits in his carseat with sunglasses propped on his head and at stoplights, grins at girls stopping next to us and waves... More dates this way...

Oh... 1 month old.. 5431 miles.. 4 new girlfriends..

Triple Black Premmie

Status
Not open for further replies.