Old Request Once Again

Status
Not open for further replies.
The body paint is flawless. The only "flaw" I could find on the body are four or five tee-tiny drips hidden up under the lip of the hood, the biggest of them smaller than a bb. The roof is okay, but the slight surface texture on the top makes the paint appear just a bit different than the paint on the body--but only if you are really, really looking hard. This might be some faint orange peel on the top, but it is so minor it's difficult to tell.

Beautiful paint. Thanks for the great job!

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

I found two paint flaws on the drivers side door about 2 inches above the rocker.It looks like paint drips, about 2 inches wide. I don't know how I didn't notice before but now I know its there and I see everytime I step into the car. I brought it to the dealer and he called the paint shop, They said , without seeing it, that they will try to wet sand it out, But they may have to paint the entire drivers side on the car.

WP,

On our Blackbird, there is a gray spot about 2? in diameter, located directly above the right rear wheel well on the fender. The gray spot cannot be seen most of the time, and it appears black. The only time the gray spot can be seen is under direct sunlight, with the car turned sideways to the sunlight. I cannot tell if it is in the clear coat, but I suspect that it is. What is it and what do we have to do fix it? We will show it to our dealer when we go back in April for our 3000-mile service. I really don't want to have the dealer repaint the entire right rear fender.

Other than that the finish is excellent. Keep up the good work! Thanks to everyone at Wixom for a great car!

------------------
Gerry & Kim's
Triple Black Premium

Pooh My red bird is flawless even those areas under the hood and trunk, it's the most beautiful car I've ever driven. You and your fellow workers should be very proud indeed. The only flaw was a tiny hairline crack in the paint above the driver side porthole, so slight that it will not be touched just documented in case of further problems. I understand that the hard tops are furnished by the vendor already painted, so you guys aren't responsible. Kepp up the great team effort, you've made this owner very happy.

------------------
Jim Williams
red/red/std blk premium #2 of 2 VIN 1FAHP60A62Y111592
Mass. tag JWBIRD

Originally posted by 02thunderbird:
I found two paint flaws on the drivers side door about 2 inches above the rocker.It looks like paint drips, about 2 inches wide. I don't know how I didn't notice before but now I know its there and I see everytime I step into the car. I brought it to the dealer and he called the paint shop, They said , without seeing it, that they will try to wet sand it out, But they may have to paint the entire drivers side on the car.

02thunderbird

If you could send me a picture of the defect- I could tell you exactly what it is. My initial thought was a clear blister. After rereading your post I am not so sure about that as blisters occur on edges.

Thanks

Originally posted by SugarDaddy:
WP,

On our Blackbird, there is a gray spot about 2? in diameter, located directly above the right rear wheel well on the fender. The gray spot cannot be seen most of the time, and it appears black. The only time the gray spot can be seen is under direct sunlight, with the car turned sideways to the sunlight. I cannot tell if it is in the clear coat, but I suspect that it is. What is it and what do we have to do fix it? We will show it to our dealer when we go back in April for our 3000-mile service. I really don't want to have the dealer repaint the entire right rear fender.

Other than that the finish is excellent. Keep up the good work! Thanks to everyone at Wixom for a great car!

Sugardaddy

It sounds to me like you have a repair that was not polished out all the way- otherwise known as a ghost or sandscratches.

If that is the case- its easily fixed with some polish (not wax) and a wheel or a whole lot of elbow grease.

Hope this helps
smile.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back