Newbie just bought 2004 Bird...Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
W

wah64apache

Last seen
Hi;
I just purchased an 04 T-Bird, Maroon with cream top and interior and maroon hard-top. Changed the oil and filter and drove it 2300 miles without an issue. Ran 80-85 and got 22+ mpg. Great car. I do have some requests if you all would be so kind.
Is there a reasonably priced way to:
1. Find the combination for the electronic door opener on the driver's door?
2. Purchase another original Key and electronic key fob as it only came with one.
3. The lighter has never been used nor I think the additional electric port. I plugged my radar into both and got no power. Pulled the 20 amp fuse for the lighter and it was blown. Replaced it and the lighter worked but the aux port still doesn't. I can't find anything which tells where it's fuse may be. Help please. This appears to be the only issue on the whole car.
4. Need the toneau cover that covers the convertible top when it is down.
5. Need the storeage stand for the hardtop...saw an after-market version on Ebay that looked ok, anyone have experience with them?
I'm in the Phoenix valley if there are any groups/clubs.
Thanks in advance, cheers, Frank

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

Hi Frank, and WELCOME!!!!!:D and congratulations on your new wheels. I am not sure I can answer all your questions or understand them, but let's try it:

First, On the '04's the "cream" interior is really called "Light sand appearance package", which was optional. So when your looking for a Boot or Tonneau cover (they are the same thing) ask for the light sand.

1 - If what you have is a keypad on the drivers side door, then that was an after market item someone added. Probably not Ford. I guess if that's it, you need a shop that installs them to see if they can figure it out. Or if you can by-pass it and still use the key fob, that would be the least expensive way to go - Or they'll recommend justr install a new keypad and off you go.

2 - Purchase another key and keyfob may be expensive as well, since the keys, I believe, are programmed to your car

3 - Did you get manuals with your car? If so all fuses should be shown in there. Some fuses are under the hood and I believe some in the cabin and some in the trunk - You really need the book to find out, unless another '04 owner can help.

4 - Every once in a while a cover comes up on the acction sites so keep watching. Or as these cars get older, junk yards. OR, Ford parts should be able to price them out for you.

5 - I haven't had experience with the after market HT stands, but they're only $45. and you can find the Ford ones for $99.00. Depends on what you want to spend. Probably both would work equally as well.

Keep us posted as to how you make out and again, Welcome :cool:

Just found this piece of info for you:
It could possibly be frtom Ford. Maybe you can have a dealer do a vin search on yours and see if it was installed by Ford. If so, and "you don't have an owners manual, there is a copy available online at motorcraft.com. Then
select technical resources, on the left it has a selection for owners manuals. It has instructions for reprogramming remotes and keys."

Another owner said, "Just purchased a Keyless Entry Keypad for my T-Bird. On reading the programming instructions, it appears the remote door lock transmitters attached to my keys need to be reprogrammed at the time I program the Keypad. Has anyone had problems with this? Specifically problems with the remote transmitters no longer operating?"

Here's what he found out:
"This isn't a problem, it is a security feature. If you have lost one of your keys and remotes, when you reprogram your new ones, any that aren't present will no longer work. You must reprogram all the keys or remotes again at the same time."

Hope this helps:)

Before you buy a stand, look at the space in your garage. If it's tight you may want to look at hard top hoists. Especially if you have ceiling height to store it, hanging from the ceiling.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back